New house no channels?

noddyrams

Hi all, I'm after some help and advice if possible please.

I have a vu+solo2 setup and working perfect at my old house. Wooshbuild infinity installed, all Freesat channels working perfect and all boquetsi fine.

so today I moved house, unplugged solo last night from my old house and reconnect tonight in the normal manner.

i have turned it on and lost all my normal free sat channels, tried to rescan the service but it's only finding 77 channels most of which are very random ones I've never heard of.

the EPG is showing what is on the likes of BBC and ITV etc but when I click to watch just a black screen and it says dvb service on the banner name.

when I try to update bouquets I just get an error about tuner b?

the only thing I don't have is internet but I thought the freesat channels should still work ok via the dish?

thanks in advance

Yeah had a bad feeling that might be the issue, the people who moved out told me the satellite feed was there as though all fine. Think they had actually sky

i have turned it on and lost all my normal free sat channels, tried to rescan the service but it's only finding 77 channels most of which are very random ones I've never heard of.

What are the names of some of these channels.

Sometimes foreign nationals move dish from 28.2 to something else as seen that before,and name of channel should come up on google and on what sat.

On the vu solo2 signal finder you can get a reading of strength and change the name of sat to the next listed one for a signal check.>

Hi all, I'm after some help and advice if possible please.

I have a vu+solo2 setup and working perfect at my old house. Wooshbuild infinity installed, all Freesat channels working perfect and all boquetsi fine.

so today I moved house, unplugged solo last night from my old house and reconnect tonight in the normal manner.

the EPG is showing what is on the likes of BBC and ITV etc but when I click to watch just a black screen and it says dvb service on the banner name.

when I try to update bouquets I just get an error about tuner b?

the only thing I don't have is internet but I thought the freesat channels should still work ok via the dish?

thanks in advance

You may have changed area? - you can't move from Newcastle to London and expect it to work the same, you must have to change the area in autoboquetsmaker, then rescan.
Also make sure the sky cable is i the correct socket at the rear of the box before you do anything else

Does that new house have a sky q lnb as wont work with other boxes.
Ok so it appears they did have a sky q box, after watching and reading up, I have looked at the dish and it only has an lnb with two cables coming out.

What are the names of some of these channels.
A couple of the channels where Ben and mytv, if that helps understand if it is definitely a sky q line?

You may have changed area? - you can't move from Newcastle to London and expect it to work the same, you must have to change the area in autoboquetsmaker, then rescan.
Also make sure the sky cable is i the correct socket at the rear of the box before you do anything else
I've only moved 3 miles down the road so shouldn't be an issue here with that but thanks for the heads up.

Thanks everyone, I'm sure last night in my tired haze still unpacking boxes though I saw someone recommend a replacement LNB that can do both sky q and freesat but now can't find it. Has anyone got any recommendations please?

Back