New IPTV

Tayluur82

Afternoon all.

Was looking for advice. Currently I run kodi with a paid sub. Previously I ran an Itgate but after paying a sub I was stung when the channels went off and emails were ignored. Was looking for new ideas. Heard of ZGemma and all advice opinions much appreciated.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

mag254 ftw! if you ask me any way... :) not sure what the "Itgate" was or is, maybe i should google it, but yeah had me mag254 for a while and it's a cracking piece of kit....can't record on it though so not sure if that's a biggy for you. (name and shame the provider if you got it off here...well send admin a message first that is...lol)

I had the zgemma as well, that had a virmin line on it, but for now IPTV all the way....(but you might have to have a look at using a VPN if you want the footy etc. but we have just been discussing this in another thread)

the zgemma had a real nice lay out. with bouquets etc. the mag254 along with the providers menu etc. is pretty neat....but not as good as the zgemma for that side of things.

have fun :)

mag254 ftw! if you ask me any way... :) not sure what the "Itgate" was or is, maybe i should google it, but yeah had me mag254 for a while and it's a cracking piece of kit....can't record on it though so not sure if that's a biggy for you. (name and shame the provider if you got it off here...well send admin a message first that is...lol)

I had the zgemma as well, that had a virmin line on it, but for now IPTV all the way....(but you might have to have a look at using a VPN if you want the footy etc. but we have just been discussing this in another thread)

the zgemma had a real nice lay out. with bouquets etc. the mag254 along with the providers menu etc. is pretty neat....but not as good as the zgemma for that side of things.

have fun :)
Thanks for the reply mate. I have Genie TV on Kodi, which gives me all channels through the internet. But looking for something more stable. Zgemma has been mentioned. Both run through net or dish, etc?

Zgemma runs through your virmin cable feed if you go down that route, they have duel connections so you can run cable/sat on it if you like, the mag254 is via your network, (IPTV)

I would have still had the zgemma as it was a really nice piece of kit, but it failed on me after about 7 month or so and I was going to get another but then I decided to look into IPTV, and thus, that's where I am at now.

When you say your looking for something more stable, in what terms do you mean? I know you mentioned your provider, or is it more software that you were having an issue with? I get a small amount of buffering some times every now and then, but very rarely on the mag254 and I am sitting behind a VPN connection with the box. (had a little bit of buffering even when not connected to the VPN but hey ho, it's all good and I'm well happy with it)

When connected to a VPN connection it dramatically reduces your download/upload but that's all explained in a few threads here (we just discussed it the other day in the IPTV section about setting up and using one to watch the football with etc. )

Cheers

Zgemma runs through your virmin cable feed if you go down that route, they have duel connections so you can run cable/sat on it if you like, the mag254 is via your network, (IPTV)

I would have still had the zgemma as it was a really nice piece of kit, but it failed on me after about 7 month or so and I was going to get another but then I decided to look into IPTV, and thus, that's where I am at now.

When you say your looking for something more stable, in what terms do you mean? I know you mentioned your provider, or is it more software that you were having an issue with? I get a small amount of buffering some times every now and then, but very rarely on the mag254 and I am sitting behind a VPN connection with the box. (had a little bit of buffering even when not connected to the VPN but hey ho, it's all good and I'm well happy with it)

When connected to a VPN connection it dramatically reduces your download/upload but that's all explained in a few threads here (we just discussed it the other day in the IPTV section about setting up and using one to watch the football with etc. )

Cheers
Thanks again. [emoji122]. With the mag does it come with a sub or do you buy the box then a sub?

yeah buy the box and then a sub... maybe even have a look for a mag256, was a while ago when I got the 254 so the 256 will probably have a faster processor etc.

:)

Back