New Laptop Recommendations

HI Guys with Black Friday on the horizon I'm looking to buy a new Laptop around the £500-£600 mark. My last few have been Dell and I've found them reliable. However anyone recommend an alternative brand around that price that they have had a good experience with. Thanks all.

I wouldn't change my Fujitsu!! Its a bit old now i5 processor, I've noticed the newer ones don't have the cd/dvd drives

I've had both HP and Dell in the past, current one is Lenovo, couldn't fault any of them tbh.
I'd say its about what best deal on the specs you can get really.
BTW, my current Lenovo is an AMD, don't let that put you off the processor type, its an A9 7th gen, and I'd say better than an i5 easily.

Still not shopping for a new one!!
Don't blame you, mines a couple of years old too, but why change when it does the job,?
My point was really a lot of people get caught up in the AMD isn't as good as Intel myth, which is true if you don't compare comparable chip for chip.
BTW, made a point of mine having a DVD drive in it, not everything is on a USB, so being able to rip is always a bonus.

I got an Acer a few years back and it's still doing a decent job of it, for that 500-600 mark you'll pick up somthing decent ,. Obviously depends what your going to be using it for... you'd Prob get an average gaming one for that sorta dollar or a very very nippy one for everyday stuff. I'm led to believe having a ssd can make a fair bit of difference so don't let the 256 or 512gb sizes put you off as some will have space for a 2.5 drive to expand if and when you need to.

Quick ping on Amazon and threw up this nice looking device I haven't went full nerd on it but looks like it'd be nippy enough, prob wouldn't be amazing for gaming though as just has onboard graphics rather than a dedicated card.

Screenshot_20191126_002525_com.android.chrome.jpg

Ok so I’m also on the look out for a new laptop for my 14 year old daughter for Christmas. On a budget so looking for something between £100 to £200 if possible. Hopefully something will be available in the sales. She’ll be using it for homework,YouTube,Netflix,playing games and watching dvds. Anyone seen any bargains or recommendations.
Thanks in advance

Ok so I’m also on the look out for a new laptop for my 14 year old daughter for Christmas. On a budget so looking for something between £100 to £200 if possible. Hopefully something will be available in the sales. She’ll be using it for homework,YouTube,Netflix,playing games and watching dvds. Anyone seen any bargains or recommendations.
Thanks in advance
Curry's do a GEO netbook for about £160 ,no DVD drive tho.
I use one for working away from home and it runs IPTV well, pretty decent for the money IMO.

HI Guys with Black Friday on the horizon I'm looking to buy a new Laptop around the £500-£600 mark. My last few have been Dell and I've found them reliable. However anyone recommend an alternative brand around that price that they have had a good experience with. Thanks all.
what will the purpose of this laptop be, best to know what it will be used for before people offer recommendations

I just use my 'decentish' laptop at home to burn stuff from DVD onto USB stick , no big hassle for me really.
I think you will struggle to get anything decent sub £250 with a DVD drive built in
Yeah looks like I’ll have to get her one without dvd drive and possibly get the external dvd drive what @rapture_ni recommend

Back