new laptop

roysrolls

Hello I got a new laptop its an Acer and I got it set up wirelessly its all working O.K.on a full charge ,but when I connect it up with the power lead it will not connect to the Internet ,say if I am in the bedroom and I connect it up to the mains I canot get on the Internet but if I disconnect the power lead it will connect should it be like that ,I got a Virgin super hub thanks take care

Ahh, I got your answer, atleast I think.

What the Acer laptop does is change the LAN and WLan settings depending on the profile its on. I.e. word processing, entertainment, battery life saver mode.

Connect the AC adapter to your laptop, and see if there is a little green icon in the system tray called "Acer ePower Management". If not then find it in All Programs from the Start Menu. On my Acer laptop, the "Maximum Performance" profile is used when AC adapter is in.

Make sure Wireless LAN is set to on with the profile used when the AC adapter is plugged in.

Hi thanks what do you mean an AC adapter could you explain a little more please sorry for not understanding hope you can help a little more cheers take care

My bad, the AC Adapter is just a technical term for charger, I should have said charger instead, I hope that clears it up for you. :)

Hi so I connect the laptop to the mains and do what you said is it thanks ill have a go sorry for not understanding cheers take care

Hi so I connect the laptop to the mains and do what you said is it thanks ill have a go sorry for not understanding cheers take care

No problem, hope it works for you.

I've had this happened to me many times, each time I thought my wireless card just stopped working but infact it was the profile that was changed that caused the WLan (Wireless adapter) to be switched off.

Hi tanks you have been very helpfull ,I still cant find e Power to follow what you said to do ,I have only had this laptop a few days so really not sure how it all works ,so any help will be most acceptable thanks again take care

Hi roysrolls :)

I am sure I remember youruser name from somewhere.

If you cannot find Acer power management in control panel or your all programs list

I will try to explain if you are using Vista what you might try, it will be slightly different if you are using another Operating System.

Right Mouse Click on your Desktop on a open space
Click Personolize
Click Screensaver
Click change Power settings
Click change plan settings for whatever plan you are on
Click change advanced power settings
Scroll down to Wireless adapter settings
Then see if there is an option to turn on or off or the like that you can select
If so do not forget to set and select OK

Good Luck,
jodav :)

well its a funny thing thats hapend ,I havent done anything to alter anything I just tried to find the Epower but failed so I just unplugged the laptot waited for a while then reconnected it and it connected to the Internet and tried again this morning and it connected again with the power in so hopefully it will be O.K. thanks for all your help cheers mate take carev

Back