New Laptop

Dandare

Hi,

Not sure if i have go the correct thread, plaese move if wrong!

i want to get a new (first ever) laptop for christmas for me and the wife!
saw the offer on tesco advert, wanted to know what you guys think a or is there better out there for around same monies about £350-£370ish

linky!

Wheelo taught me that!!! :flowers:

Thanks
Dan

and just fine it works too dan, just looked at it and it looks fairly much like what i bought a year or so ago for €600 from dell. it is dual core processor which allows it to run things independantly of each other, 3GB ram, 1.8Mhz speed, all of which i presume are fairly basic specs for now, a few things that you might want to look at, how many USB or other ports does it have, what kind of DVD writer does it have.
i am no expert but if it is for basic internet, home use, it looks good to me.
you might want to go onto dells website and do a few comparisons, and if you ring them you can get all sorts if ideas of what you need, and then compare them to this machine.

yep i hear you!

i know that celeron proccessers are bottom end spec! might look for am amd athlon one, usb ports isn't to bad as you can get those plug in things that give you 6 in 1 etc...

gonna dig about a bit more! got until christmas anyway!, then it will be time to upgrade and build myself a new gaming beast!

My Acer laptop has a celeron processor too, its not very powerful, bought this laptop a few years ago, so its not up to date with the latest hardware, but runs great as its well managed. (y)

wouldn`t be a bad laptop to have, if Dan, -.
if the laptop you are wanting to buy is just for normal usage as stated in the link (Range Usage: Entertainment) i.e for surfing the web and downloading e.t.c it really looks like a good buy. - and good luck with your beast!....(y)

Last edited:
dan recently bought an acer laptop similar to the on eyour looking at 3gb 500gb
very happy with it for what i use it for general every day use got it and hp all in one printer for 400e, go for it good price:)

Back