New Member, Used to have EuroVox Red, What's next?

Burkie

Hi Everyone, I used to have a Eurovox red before to watch FTA tv through my Vermin connection,
I was thinking about getting another "FTA" box, just wondering which one i should get, also i am
in a Nagra 3 area, so i need to bear that in mind while choosing my free to air box.
Anybody got any help on this subject, as i do what to be able to watch FTA channels for a while
and not just a month or so after choosing the wrong box. Any help at all would be great for me.

Thanks so much for your help, means a lot to me.

****Burkie****
(y)

ok few choices,kryptview a780 cable box works;),starview7 works but you need to pay extra to view as its a payview box now,blade combo cable and sat box now if you were lucky and found a card share for cable it would work [ not an advertised thing;)] or go sat altogether big better world out there in hd:eyes::whistling:

What would you say is my best option for long term viewing? I don't have anyone to card share with, I do have an Internet connection by the TV, I'm currently on Vermin so i have there connection by the TV, Ideally i would like one like the old eurovox which was pretty straight forwad to use, easy to upgrade firmware and just plug the vermin lead in and your good to go :p
The simpler the better, but again long viewing is important as the boxes i've been viewing are £150plus and thats not even for HD tv.
If you had to recommend one to me, which would it be, I've read good things about the Kryptview A780 receiver. have you heard of the Envition Cable Box? It's £180 on Ebay, something to do with £120 for the Box and £60 for a 12month "Gift" what ever that means?

***Burkie***

To my limited knowledge on the current status of these boxes, there are only 2 boxes working on cable - the Kryptview and the starview- no others The starview is a subscription service, the Kryptview isn't.
The envision box you describe sounds like it is a cable box with a "free" gift of a years subscription, though I have no knowledge of this box, I don't believe it works on UK cable.

A lot of the members around here have gone with the satellite option (the blade box), with all card sharing options, you don't need to know the person and physically share the card, it is a term for getting a subscription and connecting the box through the internet, thereby sharing the connection.

As with all of these servers, there is no guarantees as to how long they will last as you never know when the clever Virmin men will find and shut down a cardshare server.

Back