New oddity

Tony1044

So here's a new one.

Went to upgrade my Zgemma H9 Twin. Everything seemed to go well until the reboot.

Previously using OpenATV 6.3 and went to the latest 6.4.

All seemed to go well. Except. Now when I reboot it gets stuck at the boot logo and the front panel saying Boot.

Tried a full/recovery boot - I cannot get to a recovery menu at all, ever. It appears to flash at least recovery because if I try a different system such as HDFreaks, the boot logo image changes accordingly.

Now.. here's the weird bit. As far as I can see it IS booting. I can SSH or SCP into it, it pings (and yes, I am absolutely certain it's the right box :-) as, for example, the ping stops responding if I turn it off, and the files in the Jedi maker (which I'd have expected to be overwritten if it'd properly flash) are the correct ones for said box).

It's almost as though it's missing video drivers or something.

Any suggestions?

So here's a new one.

Went to upgrade my Zgemma H9 Twin. Everything seemed to go well until the reboot.

Previously using OpenATV 6.3 and went to the latest 6.4.

All seemed to go well. Except. Now when I reboot it gets stuck at the boot logo and the front panel saying Boot.

Tried a full/recovery boot - I cannot get to a recovery menu at all, ever. It appears to flash at least recovery because if I try a different system such as HDFreaks, the boot logo image changes accordingly.

Now.. here's the weird bit. As far as I can see it IS booting. I can SSH or SCP into it, it pings (and yes, I am absolutely certain it's the right box :-) as, for example, the ping stops responding if I turn it off, and the files in the Jedi maker (which I'd have expected to be overwritten if it'd properly flash) are the correct ones for said box).

It's almost as though it's missing video drivers or something.

Any suggestions?
Updating openatv often causes the box to become unresponsive
If you mean you flashed online from 6.3 to 6.4 you may need to flash it again.
Use a USB stick

I did the steps as above.

Anyway I've recovered it using USB and a 6.3 recovery image followed by an online flash to 6.4.

Back