New OPEN ATV - Is there a fix yet for Cccam & Mgcamd?

adamsm

OK so the new image with the softcam feed install from the resources section on here only has Cccam and Mgcamd which is patched for Sky.DE which means currently there isn't a Cccam or Mgcamd that will work with virgin or sky. Seems to be plenty of posts on here about this not working which I've explained above why, but there still doesn't seem to be a resolution on how to fix this. Using Oscam as a Cccam reader isn't viable as many providers will not let you connect in this way (My provider been one of them). It seems absurd that the softcam feed still as not yet been altered so you can downloads Cccam 2.3.0 and Mgcamd.

The mgcamd softcam works with all boxes, line goes in newcamd.list in usr/keys folder.
The CCcam, as has already been discussed, doesn't work with older boxes using new openatv as the .cfg file now goes in etc folder and since then, older boxes can't use C lines.
CWS are fine on all boxes using new softcam feed on all boxes

I don't know what the difference is but I have 4.3r0 installed and all the cams work fine.

check this thread from this post onwards, it seems the newer CCcam is configured for 19.2 if I have understood it correctly, which I probably haven't as I still can't work out why it works with a H7 but not a H2
WooshBuild - Wooshbuild

A mate flashed his new H9.H2 box with grogbuild the other day, and he noticed his sky de channels on 19.2e were working, his cccam was working fine for his eurosat, but not so good on cable, so he tried to get an oscam line for cable set up , he couldnt get any of his tests to work, ended up with the box giving him the blue screen, and no longer booting up, is oscam complicated to set up on these boxes.

check this thread from this post onwards, it seems the newer CCcam is configured for 19.2 if I have understood it correctly, which I probably haven't as I still can't work out why it works with a H7 but not a H2
WooshBuild - Wooshbuild
cccam works fine on my h52tc which is a mipsel based box. not tried on anything older yet though. thats cable using enigma2-plugin-softcams-cccam - 2.3.2-r0-de

cccam works fine on my h52tc which is a mipsel based box. not tried on anything older yet though. thats cable using enigma2-plugin-softcams-cccam - 2.3.2-r0-de
All cams working fine on my h2h including ccam and mgcamd on WooshBuild Infinity openatv 6.2

OK so the new image with the softcam feed install from the resources section on here only has Cccam and Mgcamd which is patched for Sky.DE which means currently there isn't a Cccam or Mgcamd that will work with virgin or sky. Seems to be plenty of posts on here about this not working which I've explained above why, but there still doesn't seem to be a resolution on how to fix this. Using Oscam as a Cccam reader isn't viable as many providers will not let you connect in this way (My provider been one of them). It seems absurd that the softcam feed still as not yet been altered so you can downloads Cccam 2.3.0 and Mgcamd.
Would agree same prob here though do not use sky as nothing left on sky sat uk worth anything ,only Virgin Media noticed that all the cams seem to be set for euro sats not UK might be that is the problem unfortunatly I am getting to old to start trying to fing outb how to compile a cam to run specifically on my box An octagon sf8008 which is an Arm box and uses Arm cams

Versions off oscam trunk are broken
Versions off oscam stable will work
Until new version comes along
With oscam having the configuration
Correct is the important bit
More stable than CCcam

Would agree same prob here though do not use sky as nothing left on sky sat uk worth anything ,only Virgin Media noticed that all the cams seem to be set for euro sats not UK might be that is the problem unfortunatly I am getting to old to start trying to fing outb how to compile a cam to run specifically on my box An octagon sf8008 which is an Arm box and uses Arm cams
I have 2 arm boxes running on CCcaam 2.3.8, sf4008 and sf8008. Worth trying (y)

Oscam trunk just means automatically follow oscam changes. The reported issues have been fixed.

Best to stick to a stable oscam to avoid unexpected bugs.

A mate flashed his new H9.H2 box with grogbuild the other day, and he noticed his sky de channels on 19.2e were working, his cccam was working fine for his eurosat, but not so good on cable, so he tried to get an oscam line for cable set up , he couldnt get any of his tests to work, ended up with the box giving him the blue screen, and no longer booting up, is oscam complicated to set up on these boxes.

Oscam isn't complicated to set Up a reader as cccam and then use dvbapi however some providers won't let your lines work in this way.

I think he is gonna give oscam another try over the weekend or at least look for a decent cccam, or maybe run a few lines at once using oscam

Back