Windows 7 new pc with windows 7

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
ive just bought a new pc with windows 7 preloaded - got nothing withit jsut the base until mouse and keyboard - no disks etc.

How to i back up my windows 7 incase it all goes wrong and needs to be reformatted.
Ive been told in the past that when you buy a pc althoguht it comes preloaded you should also get the operationg disk - no so!

i have no idea what my licence number is etc as all i had to do was turn it on register my name and away we went.

shoudl i contact Acer and ask them as the store i bought it from only tell me the item come sin from supplier pre packed and sealed and they have no idea what is in the box - althoguht he did say they dont usually come with the operating disk. But i know you can buy windows 7 to put on a pc - so why when we pay all this money for a new machine does it only come preloaded wiothut the origional disk.
Does anyone know how i would go about getting a copy of the disk?or somehow backing up what is on my pc- mind you i have already transfered stuff form my old pc onto here if that makes adifference.
thanks
Linny

what modle is it linny there should be a way of making a backup disk built in the system if you give me the modle i find out what i can

linney if you download this pdf file it will give all the info you need

Code:
ftp://ftp.support.acer-euro.com/desktop/empowering_technology/User%20Guides%202.0%20-%202.4/Acer%20eRecovery%20Management%20english.pdf

or here

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/308716466/Acer_eRecovery_Management_english.pdf

its all about the Acer eRecovery Management

Last edited:
There should also be a hologram sticker on or near the rear of the unit with your Windows 7 license key printed on it (record that for future reference).

-

cheers for that!
all done now. that could explain why i had 3 blank disks in with the warrnety book which was all that was included really with this system other than and quick how to register guide.
Nothing explaining anything about windows 7 or how it works or how it differs to other opperating systems.
I will now go out and buy some dvds so i can do the same on my other sons acer which is now 2 yrs old. Did not know that this facility was included.
So thanks hadmad you have bene a great help this morning

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

There should also be a hologram sticker on or near the rear of the unit with your Windows 7 license key printed on it (record that for future reference).

-

thanks will look that up later when i have turned pc off!

Back