New Router

Is there any advantage in changing my ISP supplied router for my own purchased router?
I am running an iptv system through my current ISP supplied router but wondered if a better quality router would be worth the expenditure
Thanks

You would still get the same speeds it wouldn't really improve speeds maybe better WiFi signal depending on what type of router it would be

I realise it would not make any difference in the speeds but would it improve the quality of the signal i am receiving from my ISP ?
I seem to be suffering a lot of buffering currently

My provider has done a hard reboot and say nothing is wrong with the router Its a huawei generic router cannot find a model number on it, but the nearest i got was a cheap 40 euro router. I cannot access the router to change channels etc and my provider will not give me the access code for the router. But it feels very plasticy and cheap

Is it your router I don't understand why has your provider given it a hard reset and won't give you access to it do you mean your isp provider if its your router who is your isp provider

Sorry should have said its fibre optic and i do get a fast speed 100 mps upload speed but often I lose the signal especially when on the telephone, we have almost given up using our landline due to being cut off so regularly, they have been out and checked all the cabling and inform me that nothing is wrong, so I though maybe its the cheap router that is causing the issues, hence asking about a new better quality router

@bazcfc1...he is talking about his isp not his iptv provider.
All the isp's in spain throttle services as they are all resellers basically.

Right I get you now if your isp provider will give you the router details then yes you can change on your phone and isp line are you using micro filters or is it a twin socket plate or like this

@bazcfc1...he is talking about his isp not his iptv provider.
All the isp's in spain throttle services as they are all resellers basically.
I understand that now was just with him saying his provider did a hard reset and won't give him details that got me thinking lol

Attachments

• 31i818J6b3L._SY355_.jpg
    31i818J6b3L._SY355_.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 3
Benijofar knows the area I live in and the issue i face and yes throttling seems to be the biggest issue, but its the telephone that seems to be given me the biggest problem at present, but didn't realise that throttling would cause be the cause of being cut off.
Looks like its an issue that I can never really resolve as there is no pattern to the loss of signal.
Its just one yellow slim cable that goes into the wall socket

So you live abroad then lol with us in UK we have access to our routers ect to change channels and turn things on and off on routers have you tried with phone line unplugged from socket never but if @benijofar knows your area have you had these types of problems beni what the op is experiencing so take it there not same as ours with micro filters or phone and adsl socket

No i do not think so

So my original question is there any benefit in the purchase of a better router than the one i currently have?

Personally i would say not as your isp will be throttling the service whichever router you are using.

Thanks Benijofar I guessed that would be the answer, I'm probably going to purchase a new TV with inbuilt iPTV so will have to send the MAC code off to my supplier to change it from my MAG322,
Not sure if the signal will be better or worse as never had a TV with iPTV built in but will keep you informed

Look at smart tv's that run via android.
Much better range of apps can be used than LG/Samsung.

A 2nd gen firestick or 4k one would do bt as beni has said if a TV android has more to offer than LG or samsung TV bt LG ad sasug are god TV for iptv as well

Back