New Router

Stu658

Hi everyon,

I got a new router at the weekend, I set it up and went into the network settings on my zgemma h2s to update the router settings. Well it’s got me stumped I’m afraid. I’ve tried everything used the setup wizard etc etc. But when I do the network test the bottom two tests are red and unconfirmed. I’m not too good at this stuff so any help to get it up and running would greatly be appreciated.

Hi everyon,

I got a new router at the weekend, I set it up and went into the network settings on my zgemma h2s to update the router settings. Well it’s got me stumped I’m afraid. I’ve tried everything used the setup wizard etc etc. But when I do the network test the bottom two tests are red and unconfirmed. I’m not too good at this stuff so any help to get it up and running would greatly be appreciated.
Go to
Menu
Setup
System
Network
Device setup
Nameserver settings
Change nameserver 1 to 8888
Change nameserver 2 to 8844
Click green to save
Reboot and try a network test again

Hi, thanks for that just tried didn’t seem to work! Probably me done it wrong I’ve taken a couple of screenshots if that help!202E1E1C-CD6F-4E4C-B260-0C97D6F31804.jpeg6A07C9F0-40D0-423A-A2A3-D1EB469BB017.jpeg55594A00-C64C-4484-B583-47B9AEFA601F.jpeg

Hi guys just an update. I decided to connect my old router and just plug a WiFi aerial in the front. Bingo it all connects and updates itself. I then connect the new router with the same WiFi aerial in front of the zgemma. Bingo works a treat. But it will not for some reason connect to the LAN via an ethernet cable. What the hell is going on? Again any help or ideas greatly appreciated.

log into router settings, or you could manually set ip address on box. clearly when you plugged in the wifi adaptor and used old router it allocated box an ip address, then i presume you left box fired up and just changed router. So box retained the ip address and new router spotted it and connected

dhcp is enabled and gets a tick when I do the network test on zgemma when I logged onto the router it shows the zgemma as the only hard wired device but disconnectEd I just don’t get it! I think I’m going to have leave it on WiFi for now I think as I can’t use it otherwise. Yes I did select LAN when I was trying to set it up

as you can see the zgemma on the router, note down the ip address and then change box from dhcp and enter the settings manually, i always have my boxes manually set so ip stays static. makes using filezilla putty etc so much easier not having to look up each time to know ip has not changed

Last edited:
Doesn’t seem to work either. Is it possible that that is an old or other IP address? As I said originally I can usually manage things fairly well but this has me stumped

Try this..
Switch back to WiFi and connect.
make a note of ip settings.
switch back to lan and manually add the same ip settings as your WiFi

well if you pick any ip address on same network as your router, i,.e if router is 192.168.1.1 then set box at say 192.168.1.99, subnet (i assume as 255.255.255.0) and gateway as router ip (i.e 192.168.1.1) then connect up lan cable, fire up box then restart router or do as ASHHBI just said

Before I go any further I really do appreciate all your help, that goes out to everyone who has suggested things to me.

well I don’t know, but I think this is progress. Done what was suggested, when I run the network test l have ticks on the LAN,IP address & namserver. The DHCP is disabled and the local network is disconnected.

Boom!! At last!! I’ve got it going after manually setting things up restarting the router and the zgemma. Again thanks to one and all for all your help

Back