New Samsung tv

makido

VIP Member
Well guys only I could go out to buy an aux cable for my lads headset and come back with a 65" tv.
I have set it all up but have a very annoying problem, which is my tv aerial wont work. The tv doesnt even recognise it.
Ive gone into settings and the "broadcasting" is all greyed out and I have no idea whats wrong.

I have a usb turbo tuner for my box so I plugged in the aerial and it shows on the box and I am able to scan in freeview and the channels work, so I know the aerial works.
I then plugged it back into the tv and nothing its still greyed out

The model number is UE65NU7670

I know its not dead important as I have all I need on the box but......its just so annoying. As anyone got any ideas?

Surely it should say on the actual tv box what it has like mine says 49 inch 4k UHD tv freeview +freeview plus dolby sound ect but don't all flatscreens come with freeview built in nowadays I would get on dog and bone to customer services or email them does the tv need software update if has Internet on it

im not telling you cos its daft. :laughing:
If I thought it would help someone else then I would of posted my mistake but I dont think anyone anywhere would ever do what I was trying to do
So it stays with me LMAO

If I thought it would help someone else then I would of posted my mistake but I dont think anyone anywhere would ever do what I was trying to do
So it stays with me LMAO
Tune analogue instead of digital didn't have it on freeview lol but glad you got it sorted

So it stays with me LMAO
I wouldnt be so sure on that Makido, this is techkings after all.

I was like a kid with a new toy and just wanted it setup. I didnt read the setup guide or anything
When it ran through the wizards I skipped the channel scan, thinking I could set it up later as I didnt connect the aerial.

So the only data/channel scanned in was something on 4004 (I had no idea what this was I just thought it was another app) Another way to get money outta ya

So to cut a long story short (4 hours)
I was only trying to run a channel scan while I was connected to HDMI 1 (my box) which was why broadcasting was all greyed out.

It needed to be on the channel 4004. (tv plus app icon)
This is where all of my channels would of been if I wasnt in such a bloody hurry and put the aerial in.

In my defence though there was nothing on the "source" button that said tv/freeview network or anything,
but if I had read the manual......haha

Last edited:
Not that it matters cos I can get it all on box, but I hate it when something doesn't work as it should.
Probably wont ever use freeview on the tv again now :laughing:

Trying to set up the smart remote with the vu duo 4k, as anyone ever done it?

I manually add the box but there is no duo4k. So I set it up as a solo 4k. It works it changes channels etc
I am able to use the microphone and say 413 (bt sports 1) and it comes on. But if I put the tv guide on I cant get it off with the smart remote and I have to use the box remote
Is this how it is or should it exit as well?

Not too sure but I've got my Sony bravia smart tv remote to control my firestick and edison box plus tv I looked on YouTube maybe a tutorial on there for what your wanting to do

Im not that far away, im a blind git, my previous tv was a 49" curved screen and when the football was on I used to sit rate bang in front of it.
I dont like to miss anything you know :laughing:
Now with the 65" its like wow, watching the football is ace.
I only went out for a 10 quid cable so glad they didnt have one, I couldnt walk out the shop empty handed now could I :love::ROFLMAO:

Back