New Sky dish installation

Hi guys,

I have just moved into a new build property with no sky dish installed! I am looking to install a dish on my own but I have a few questions first.

All of the rooms have got tv ariel points which the cables are run into the loft and left in a pile there! Would I be able to use these and connect them to the lnb to use a single feeds or would I have to use twin cable??

Also, I have a garage built which would possibly block the sat signal for the dish, how far would it realistically still effect the signal from?? The garage is about 20 meters from where I would prefer to mount the dish! Would this still effect the signal??

Thanks for the help!

I think you can use a stacker to combine twin sat feed down one cable and a destacker to extract them at the other end. Might be an option if the cable in place is suitable.

If you are concerned about line of sight maybe use one of the augmented reality apps on your iOS or Android phone from where you want to position the dish to check line of sight - e.g. satellite pointer, satfinder lite. We would otherwise be making a guess as we cannot see the height of your garage, height of dish mount, any other obstructions etc.

If your receivers support unicable, get a unicable 2 LNB and use a splitter to connect to all rooms you need.
Good idea,
Or,
If your boxes don't support unicable you could use a quattro LNB and a multiswitch,
Will also give you terrestrial as well.

For your satellite installation The height of
Your satellite dish will determine the distance
To the nearest obstruction IF your dish is
7m from ground level it must be 2 .5 times
That away from the nearest obstruction
The multiswitch is a good opition
Providing you have a power supply in the loft

Thanks for the replies guys, to be honest I would be happy to have a single supply to each room as I am only really using it as a back up to my iptv and will get a sly line to cover this!?

What do yous think would be the best option?

I have power in the form of lights in the loft but I could easily run a socket up there.

Believe me 1 cable is not enough,even 2 would be better and no use saying i would have liked to record when you upgrade box to a multi tuner one.Think ahead and run the amount of cables you might need.

All E2 receivers will work with unicable 2 LNBs. You wont need a power supply in loft. You can split as many times as you need. Just make sure you get a good splitter and enough of them. Unicable LNBs are 40mm wide, so dont fit on a Sky dish without an adapter. If you are getting a new dish, a non-sky 60cm dish would be best.

Back