New Sly installation, old dish new double lnb instead of quad

Hey guys, so it's been a bit since I posted here. I was messing around with my zgemma h2h the other week there and decided to hook a Sly connection as well, the dish had an old quad lnb (4 ftype connectors with cable) I swapped the lnb with a newer double one but kept the same wiring and ffyoe connectors and taped the spare 2 to the dish.

Will this setup work when I acquire a working line or will I have to renew the coaxial cable etc and align the lnb and dish etc?

As always thanks in advance guys

Can you see channels OK? Ive just got a twin lnb on mine and a the sly line is working well

To be honest I've not plugged it into the box yet and have yet to get a line, I was wanting to find out if this would be OK first incase I damaged anything. The dish is the same old style one that the old quad lnb was attached to. All I done was swapped the lnb over and kept the same cables bar two, the cables are awfully thin though compared to ones I see on recent dishes and lnbs

W.f 65 cables I would have tested your original
L.n.b with your reciever before purchasing the new l.n.b Would saved you some money

Was the old quad broken that it needed changing? I have had an install here and size of cable was smaller in size than normal.
How do you know you tapped up the correct 2 as can see the layout to the 2 rooms.
Presume its on 28.2 and you dont need a line for freesat as you can test it first.

W.f 65 cables I would have tested your original
L.n.b with your reciever before purchasing the new l.n.b Would saved you some money

Hi m8 I didn't think the quad lnb were still in use as every dish on my street has just the double. Anyway I have rigged it all up with new cable and have signal on screen, is it just the same as the cable with regard to server /line now?

Cheers for the replies guys
Appreciated

Last edited:
Was the old quad broken that it needed changing? I have had an install here and size of cable was smaller in size than normal.
How do you know you tapped up the correct 2 as can see the layout to the 2 rooms.
Presume its on 28.2 and you dont need a line for freesat as you can test it first.
Thanks @cactikid I rewired the two after trying all the cables, I decided to just replace the cable with the stuff I had in cupboard which is the same as the black damaged swag I removed. It says bslyb on it so hopefully it will do the job okay.

Attachments

• Snapchat-809568674.jpg
    Snapchat-809568674.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
Those double l.n.bs could be the standard
Sky q l.n.b That your neighbours have
Yeah I was thinking that m8. Well it's all connected now just waiting to get a line sorted, looking forward to getting it working. . Is this 28.2 coordinates mentioned earlier in post the freesat uk?

I dont have a quad but an octo as lost the plot years ago running cables to every room.So how many channels scan in using sat tuner 900+?

Thanks for the input guys (y) well I had everything sorted but I reset box as there were software error issues after boot.
I'm unsure how to configure freesat channels do I need a softcam file for this? , Im finding channels on 28.2E astra 2E/2F/2G
107 it seems to find now I think I may have goosed something guys lol.
Do I need a separate aerial for freeview terrestrial as I've got the 2 cables for lnb running straight into the H2H Box (1 into tuner A 1 into tuner B) the one going into tuner B which is normally for cable I configured to terrestrial thinking dish would act as freeview aerial of sorts
I'm currently on open atv 6.4 just now so don't know if I need to update config files or cams

Any help appreciated as always

Last edited:
Thanks for the input guys (y) well I had everything sorted but I reset box as there were software error issues after boot.
I'm unsure how to configure freesat channels do I need a softcam file for this? , Im finding channels on 28.2E astra 2E/2F/2G
107 it seems to find now I think I may have goosed something guys lol.
Do I need a separate aerial for freeview terrestrial as I've got the 2 cables for lnb running straight into the H2H Box (1 into tuner A 1 into tuner B) the one going into tuner B which is normally for cable I configured to terrestrial thinking dish would act as freeview aerial of sorts
I'm currently on open atv 6.4 just now so don't know if I need to update config files or cams

Any help appreciated as always

Help plz ^^^

With 28.2east 2E/2F/2G
With automatic scan you should be recieving
900+ channels
Yes i had 900+ before i put new cable on, i rescanned after updating atv and reinstalling grogbuild freerange, i then got software error on boot

so i reset the box and did a wipe and proceeded with installing everything again, got latest softcams etc, autobouquets
did another scan on 28.2 astra, but now im only getting like 107 channels compared to the 948 i originally had. I must have goosed something or maybe lnb or dish needs aligned, its exactly same location as it where though guys

Thanks for the input, any recommendations?

Press blue button tunner configuration
Signal finder check you have signal and
Lock indicator on the transponder box
Below BER has a green tick

Attachments

• 20200807_140336.jpg
    20200807_140336.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 16
Back