New to all this. Advice needed for Skybox 5 HD

gout

Hi all

I hope this isn't a ridiculous question but.

I recently bought a Skybox f5 HD. My question is does the stream come down the internet or does the box use the satalite dish. I ask this because I only have 4 meg max download speed.

Regards Josh

Both. Internet connection and sat dish

it doesnt matter if you have the fastest broadband or the slowest. Will make no difference

you brought a box with no research?

you need a min off 2mb to run a box if you connect it to a server. thats if you know what i mean

Looks like its gonna be a ride...whats the server connection about?.. Thought you just plugged it in and put codes in from a USB pen drive.

Any info for starters would be great.

Cheers Josh

a service provider. yo dont get free premium channnels. as said you need a sat dish and internet. it dose not have to be the fastest however it dose need to be consistant.

In order to watch $ channels, your box uses the information in the CCcam.cfg file to communicate over the internet to your "gift" suppliers server (approx every 8 seconds).

Only a small amount of data is sent/received. No programmes are streamed.

You still receive the signal in the normal way, via the sat dish. You just need the internet connection to simulate having a viewing card in your box.

Back