New to cable boxes - will this work?

sagar1006

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a zgemma h2h as i've seen it's both satellite and cable.

Currently I have a satellite connection but no cable connection. And i realise i need a live cable feed to be able to get HD channels.

The problem is i'm currently tied into my broadband for another year, so was wondering if i just got the cheapest VM tv package without phoneline/broadband, would i just be able to take the tuners from the tivo box and put them straight into the zgemma and have the same result?

Thanks!

Probably not worthwhile as taking a basic package as a bundle is where you get the discounts applied, re: tuners no I don't think that will work, but then your idea is a first on the forum. The Zgemma will scan your cable network anyway so why try and install TiVo tuners to a Zgemma?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply! I get that the bundle saves more money overall, but the basic TV package is only £20/m and since i'm paying £90/m for my satellite, surely the VM TV plus a line would work out cheaper overall?

In regards to the tuners, i'm not even sure i worded what i was trying to ask correctly haha. So basically, i've read that to use the cable side and get HD channels, you need to have a live cable feed (most get this with VM broadband). But since i cant change broadband or phone providers for another year, would just getting the basic VM TV package with no phone line give me the live cable feed i would need?

Does that make more sense?

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the replies!

Ok that sounds like it would be my best option then. This might sound like a basic question so i apologise in advance, but if i were to just get the tv package for the live cable feed, then what would be plugged into the h2h box for it to work? This is assuming that the tivo box would become useless to me at this point as everything would be on the zgemma box so i wouldn't ever use it. Do i still need to split the cables? And if so how would i do that?

Sorry for all the questions

Thanks!

Last edited:
VM will put a coax feed into the room to be screwed into the back of the tivo box.
A simple splitter will give you two feeds, one for tivo, one for H2H

Kieron

And then i just screw that into the back of the h2h?

Also is it necessary to split if i'm not ever going to actually use the tivo box?

Thanks

no, if you're not using the tivo box, there's no need to split
However, if you have signal problems you need the tivo connected so that when you contact VM, they can check them.

Kieron

Back