New to flashing....

kenuk1

Hi guys,

OK, I'm new to Zgemmas and after reading how to install from backups, it didnt seem too dificult so I took the plunge and my Zgemma H.S arrives today.

Excuse if these questions are repeated elsewhere but quite honestly, I've read so much on here that I think I am over reading the whole back up procedure.

Firstly, I will be backing up my box from an image via FTP, but...

• Which, in your opinions is the best back up, I notices that there's a few but having not seen any in action, I would be interested to know what the general feeling is?
  • If backing up over FTP, am I correct in thinking I should still have some form of USB storage already plugged into the box? And Do i need to set anything on the box for it to point to said device.
  • I have a C Line from an Openbox Ive been using, do I simply copy that into /etc
  • I've read that I shouldn't update images over the box, is this the case? If so, how do we keep up to date for new developments, for the EPG etc?

Again, I'm sure these questions are asked in various places but if anyone would be willing to help I'd be really grateful, I'll be attempting to do this later today and so far am torn between the latest scumnsee or wooshbuild...

Thanks very much all...

If you're backing up by ftp method there's only me and scumnsee that has made images to flash by imagebackups but mine isn't compatible with the h. Models only the older versions you can just copy your line into etc folder.

Thanks mate, I tried the Scumnsee back up last night and it worked well, the EPG looked a bit squashed together but I guess there's a setting for that? I used USB method in the end...

Thanks to you and he for doing them though, saves dumbasses like me a load of time.

Whats the recommended size for USB storage? And which Zgemma is the best to buy? Only have Sky in area so I thought the H.S would be the one...

If you don't want to record and watch another channel the h.s is perfect for you but if you do want to record then the h2s is the best because it's a twin tuner that also relates to size for storage if you don't do recordings then you can use a 4gb stick.

For the epg looking a bit squashed together have a look at the link he provided for editing slyk1hd skin.

If you don't want to record and watch another channel the h.s is perfect for you but if you do want to record then the h2s is the best because it's a twin tuner that also relates to size for storage if you don't do recordings then you can use a 4gb stick.

For the epg looking a bit squashed together have a look at the link he provided for editing slyk1hd skin.

Thanks very much, I'll keep with the H.S for now and see how I can get on with it before trying H2. Cheers bud!

Back