New to iptv

bmot88

Hi all hope your all well.

I currently have a cable box in my living room running openvix cant remember which one as not at home it works perfectly and was fairly easy to set up following a guide on here.

I am wanting a iptv box in my atic bed room don't fancy using cable in there as it means running another coaxle from the splitter out up and in to the roof.

So any ideas of what to buy I am wanting a 7 day epg found a supplier who say they provide this in the subscription also the ability to record to a hard disk same as I do with the cable box.

I have read loads for days and just get confused. Keep looking at these mags but not sure they do what I need.

mag254 mate,easy to set up and easy to set up the epg :)
have a read up about the different mag boxes available too you

Is the epg still 7 days on these then and can defo record this is all I need really. Is the epg not auto if so is there a guide on here to follow. If that's right will get one orderd

Theres a zgemma i55 I think which is designed for iptv you can have the sky skin on it and it will replicate a sky box with the epg populated to your iptv the mag boxes are ok but can't put a skin on them

I couldn't exactly say as I don't have one but there is a zgemma i55 section in the forum under zgemma star from what I've heard people say they are decent boxes

Is the epg still 7 days on these then and can defo record this is all I need really. Is the epg not auto if so is there a guide on here to follow. If that's right will get one orderd
yes if your provider has it enabled on his side you are able to get 7 day epg with mag,works on mine :grin:,the reason i recommend the mag is because the box is built for iptv so setting it up is easy as chips

Have you a firestick or fire tv box as you can have iptv on those aswell firesticks voice controlled and allows vpn about £40 depending on where you buy from and the fire tv box about £70

Purchased the zgemma i55 now who as a guide for this will be flashing with the ipab image I have seen but no idea how to use it yet should be here for fri/sat

If you put a twin tuner cable box downstairs you could have a slave (single tuner)cable box upstairs, no need to run an extra coax cable, the feed is sent from your main box to the slave via ethernet / homeplugs.

You could stil view or record on the downstairs box while watching another program upstairs.

No need for an extra subscription either, just thought I would mention it.:(y)::(y)::(y):

Last edited:
Are you sure it doesn't work on sat ?

Never tried but you are basically borrowing one feed from your twin while the upstairs box is on and sending it
over your home network, when the slave is off it it returns the feed back to the master.

Isn't there a "client" option on the sat tuner ?

Are you sure it doesn't work on sat ?

Never tried but you are basically borrowing one feed from your twin while the upstairs box is on and sending it
over your home network, when the slave is off it it returns the feed back to the master.

Isn't there a "client" option on the sat tuner ?
I aint got a clue mate tbh I thought it was just for cable would be worth looking into as I have one box with active line for remaining sat channels and one in bedroom just for iptv

Client mode is available in the tuner configuration for sat
but I no longer have an active sat line, so can't test but I don't
see why it wouldn't work the same.

Think "client mode" got added from Openvix 5 onwards.

I can receive it on a slave box running ATV 6.1, so everything doesn't have to match.

Basically,

1. Select Client Mode in tuner config and add the slave IP address on your main box,
2. Then import the bouquets on your slave from the master.

Job done.

Last edited:
Back