New to satellite tv - Where do I begin?

Hi All,

I've recently moved to a new place that already has a satellite installed etc.

For a few years, I've been jumping around between IPTV providers and I've never found anything thats reliable. In a last attempt before i sign my life away to legitness, I'm trying to explore the satellite options (if anyone even does it these days)

My question is: What do I need to do to save myself an "official" tv subscription in the world of Sat. What box do I buy? What do I need to do to get the good stuff on this box?

I see threads on here mentioning c-lines and n-lines, I dont quite know what they are.

Any help to get me started is greatly appreciated.

Your a bit late to the party if using 28.2 sat as what sky use.The problem is many channels have gone to the dark side and we cannot view them and only with a sky box and their subs.
C lines and N lines were used to open up those channels from many different sources and supplied as a line of code in a format that supplier used called a sub.

Boxes mainly used are enigma 2 receivers eg. zgemma h7s which is twin sat and 1 cable/freeview and no cable service has also been removed from us.

People are using multisat with more sat dishes or bigger dishes and multi lnbs pointing to many sats. The more sats you can pick up the more channels one might view.

Foreign sats use a newer cam called oscam to open up those scrambled channels many on 19.2 and 13. also with a multisat sub from their server= paid service.

Sky Italy also went dark years ago and we cant view on that either and lately cable services also stopped for many.

Thanks for your reply.

From reading about online, it looks like a lot of channels are actually broadcast on 19.2 with an English audio track. If this is the case, it seems worth it to invest in a new box and repositioning my Sky satellite dish.

Does anyone have any experience in doing this?

Cheers
Rick

Nah i just added a bigger dish think it was a 90cm with quad lnbs for 19.2 and 13. as still got my octo on 28.2 which can be used on my other tuner boxes and tv.
I tend to use a good enigma 2 box.
Vu Zero old single sat tuner.
Vu Solo 2 twin sat tuner
Xtrend 8000 3 sat tuners
Xtrend 10000 4 sat tuners

Newest is Zgemma h7s twin sat and saorview and can run iptv.

All depends on how much you want to spend.

You could add multisat bracket to your zone 2
Satellite dish Adding additional l.n.bs for 19 east 13 east Then again it depends on your Location what size of satellite dish you need to receive good s.n.r I use 80cm.tacomate sat

Back