New TV Hunt

On the hunt for a new TV between 50-55 inch, looking for something under £500, what would u guys recommend.

Picture quality is the most important thing to me lol as using it just for watching tv.
Using a formuler z8 pro box

Last edited:
I got 55 inch android tv from Argos for just over £400 or don’t know if ao.com has offers on but got 58 inch tv for £375

On the hunt for a new TV between 50-55 inch, looking for something under £500, what would u guys recommend.

Picture quality is the most important thing to me lol as using it just for watching tv.
Using a formuler z8 pro box

Toshiba 55UL2163DBC 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD TV £379​

55UL2163DBC | Toshiba 55” 4K Ultra HD Smart TV | ao.com

LG 55UP75006LF 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD TV £479​

55UP75006LF | LG 4K UHD TV | 55-inch | ao.com

Toshiba 50UK3163DB 50" Smart 4K Ultra HD TV £440​

50UK3163DB | Toshiba 50” 4K Ultra HD Smart TV | ao.com

Samsung UE50TU7020 50" Smart 4K Ultra HD TV £479​

UE50TU7020 | Samsung 50” Crystal 4K Ultra HD Smart TV | ao.com

My tips:
  • Buy from John Lewis or Richer Sounds - get them to price match and they have a generous warranty period/good customer service
  • If you have access to Student discount - the Samsung site via portal has some decent deals
  • If you have access to Costco also check there (decent deals also with 5 year warranty)
  • Ebay has a 15% off code (FESTIVE15) on certain products which ends TODAY
  • Black Friday is imminent - so might want to hold back till then

1636011406883.png

We've got a Phillips Ambilight wall mounted in the living room. Worth checking out.

Quick demo of ambilight feature. It lights up the whole wall at night, very immersive.

We've got a Phillips Ambilight wall mounted in the living room. Worth checking out.

Quick demo of ambilight feature. It lights up the whole wall at night, very immersive.

That looks brilliant, but unfortunately there is nowt wrong with mine yet!!!!! Maybe I could get the wife or kids to sit behind it with multiple glow sticks until it packs up and I can replace it with one of these :LOL::unsure:

Last edited:
You can get Govee Immersive LED lights to replicate a similar setup.............

yea, its fugly - with the thin tv bezel it doesnt fit or look right - i returned my one to amazon without even using it cos of it lol

Actually thinking about it IF I got one of these or the lights that go behind the TV, I would then have to paint the effing walls................sod that, lights dim TV on......................suites me sir!!

Back