New V8S - No signal on every channel.

MaDCaTz

I bought the box for £37 on amazon recently. I've connected it up to the existing sky dish cable, into the LNB port. I downloaded a channel list and have imported that. Every channel has a SNR of 10%, Every channel also has 45% Signal Intensity, if I disconnect the cable it goes down to 33%.

I ran a channel scan, it only comes up with 3 channels, Turf, "2" and something else. I tried with LNB power on and off. I did also check the dish is pointing the right way with an app and it seems to be in the right direction.

Antenna Setup
Satellite: (1/1) Sky UK 28A
LNB Freq: Universal(9750-10600)
Transponder: (35/97) 10906 V 22000 (I did try several different ones)
DiSEq1.0/1.1: Disable

Any help would be great! Thanks!!

Some of the V8s seem to require a longer copper centre wire at the Lnb port before the box will connect to the dish Lnb.
Reaper.

...I ran a channel scan, it only comes up with 3 channels, Turf, "2" and something else...

There's not a channel called "Turf" on 28.2e. What was the name of the other channel.

Were the 3 channels all on the same frequency? What frequency was it?

Sounds like your dish is pointed at 33.0°E. TurfTV is only available in betting shops afaik.
Adjust your dish yourself or get somebody out.

Hi, Thanks for all the replies, defiantly a good forum here!

Looked at the dish and compared with the neighbors, It looks to be pointing slightly in the wrong direction. The dish looks different to everyone elses, like a grey colour instead of the black

I have an app which I could use, and will give it a try. I don't have any signal strength meters though, would have to be a bit of trial an error.

Thanks!

Hi, Thanks for all the replies, defiantly a good forum here!

Looked at the dish and compared with the neighbors, It looks to be pointing slightly in the wrong direction. The dish looks different to everyone elses, like a grey colour instead of the black

I have an app which I could use, and will give it a try. I don't have any signal strength meters though, would have to be a bit of trial an error.

Thanks!

Install either CWAITE's or AJ's channel list. Select any FTA channel. Move your dish slowly until you get a signal.

As marcus-g says, it looks like your dish is pointing to 33e. In that case you need to point the dish a bit further South (to the right when looking from behind the dish).

Got up the ladders today, move the dish slightly to the right, and instantly 80%+ signal strength. Not bad for the first try!

Just need to find a decent cccam server. Any recommendations? Preferably one with a quick trial. Can pay PayPal. I would go on eBay for one but heard bad things.

Thanks

Joe

Please help, I'm new to all of this . I recently installed a v8s box down stairs with a gift and it works fine. I decided to buy another one for the bedroom, also with a gift, however, the one in the bedroom only picks up signal quality of 10% on every channel. I have a brand new lnb installed and brand new cable routed. I'm so confused, please help, thanks

Back