New Vix Hades zgemmastar 2s sucmnsee backup (will work fine on h1, h2 & s too)

sucmnsee

TK Veteran
Edit NEW VERSION NOW AVAILABLE HERE. VIX 3.2.021 23/11/15

http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/82204-new-sucmnsee-latest-backup-zgemma-2s-s-h1-h2.html

ITS THE OLD VERSION BELOW!

Backup of Vix Hades 018 01/09/15 for zgemmastar 2s (will work fine on h1, h2 & s too )
REMOVED BLUE HD SKIN. LEFT SKYSKIN. PEOPLE COMPLAINING BLUE HD SLOW.

edited 01/09/15
all plugins up to date.
alll frequencies up to date

addes btsports section bouquet

Set with mgcamd1.38. and with all mg_cfg and newcamd.list files needed in place! Just edit ur details in and reboot! DO NOT SEND YOUR FILES IN. EDIT WHATS ALREADY THERE!

Do not online update Vix on any box from Airsat (ibox/zgemma). I have updates turned off anyway.

(If the box boots up without flashing you have usb issue so ask in forum for help :-)

so first unrar the file and use ur fat32 formatted standard usb to put the "zgemma" folder on.
turn off box
insert flash usb in rear
boot up. Box should take 6-15 minutes to flash and MAY say FLASH on front when flashing. occasionally when flashing the front panel may remain blank, just give it 15 minutes in case. IT MAY STILL BE FLASHING.
box will reboot when finished
No need to press front power button or anything.

OK. Basically u need a usb or hard drive that can be wiped and devoted to the box.
That will store program guide and recordings and timeshift to rewind TV etc.
4gb is minimum I'd recommend. But more is better.
Once image is flashed and u edit ur 2 files in usr/keys with DCC.
Get the permanent USB/hdd onto a PC and quick format it.

Box off.
Usb in rear.
Box on.
Menu
Setup
System
Storage devices
Initialisation
Select ur drive
Red to initialise
Exit all

Menu
Setup
Vix
Swapfile manager
Blue to create 256mb. Wait
Yellow to autostart
Green to start
Red to close.
Hold power button on remote for 3 secs and select Restart (never GUI)

(If u are using a large enough usb/HDD u may want to go to
Menu
Setup
System
Timeshift settings
Autostart ts after 30secs or whatever.
As it is u must press pause to start timeshift)

Menu
Setup
Service searching
Autobouquets maker
Providers. Wait
Sky UK (sd):area. Change from northern ireland custom to your area custom by pressing right or left.
Green to save.
Start scan. Wait.
Hold power Restart

Menu
setup
System
Epg
Cross EPG
Download now. Takes 5-10 mins. Happens automatically at 6.15 am anyway.
Hold power again and restart.

auto bouqets setup
auto epg update set
cross epg setup to hdd
picons removed as far too slow imho
service scanning set to SD and HD replaced where possible
AddeD fraggle 121 skyskin. Removed vix dark skin
Includes mgcamd, openwebif, picture player, mediaportal, ondemand, tspanel, dreamexplorer, Media scanner, permanent vfd clock, CACHEFLUSH
TSMedia 10.6
KodiDirect

To install picons if you want:

google and find a picon folder.
copy the picon folder to hdd main folder.

graphical infobar epg settings.
change service title mode to picon and service name.
then graphical epg settings.
change service title mode to picon and service name.

Then channel selection settings.
show picons In service list. Change to yes.

Attachments

• IMG_20150627_212256.jpg
    IMG_20150627_212256.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_20150627_212330.jpg
    IMG_20150627_212330.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 349
  • IMG_20150627_212356.jpg
    IMG_20150627_212356.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_20150627_212417.jpg
    IMG_20150627_212417.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_20150627_233918.jpg
    IMG_20150627_233918.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_20150627_233938.jpg
    IMG_20150627_233938.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:
Thanks sucmnsee might give this a go but very pleased with your earlier version.

Regarding picons I notice you say to put in root of box but maybe that is why it slows the box down.

I have the picon folder on my hard drive and can't really see any difference in speed whether they are on or off.

I much prefer the fraggle123 sky skin to be honest how would this be installed after reflashing.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Lol i prefer it too.
Sorry mis spoke about root i meant HDD. Will edit. Thanks dude

---------- Post Merged at 11:19 PM ----------

Doing a fresh backup now.
Vix night removed and both fraggle 121 sky and BlueHD installed ;)

---------- Post Merged at 11:20 PM ----------

Give it 15 mins before DL.

Attachments

• IMG_20150627_230116.jpg
    IMG_20150627_230116.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 194
Cheers dude.
Yeh works but you have to change ur cable tuner setting to cable.
Best ask in h1/h2 section as i dont have cable in my area.
If someone wants to post a short list of settings to change here I'll edit into first post for others.

Cheers dude.
Yeh works but you have to change ur cable tuner setting to cable.
Best ask in h1/h2 section as i dont have cable in my area.
If someone wants to post a short list of settings to change here I'll edit into first post for others.

Hi sucm, will be having a crack at this in the next week or two when I get my H1, fantastic work. For noobs like me this makes things soo much easier by the looks of it. :)

I would love to see the cable set up added to your tut as this is what I will be doing. Hopefully someone will oblige. :)

Sucmnsee, well done mate, looks like another cool release! :pop smiley:

Have you found a way around the 120Mb limit for backups? Did you need to remove anything to get it to work?

---------- Post Merged at 07:00 AM ----------

cheers dude just a question if i upgrade on your image do i lose my recordings and timers etc?
Yes it's like doing a factory reset when you flash a new image, you'll need to re-add timers and re-apply any other changes you made.

Cheers MT.
I just didnt go through kodi installing each host. That kept file size down. People can select them all after installing.
Even at that the size was creeping up. Thought adding fraggle skin may have pushed it over lol

Sucm, it says edit your two files in use/keys with dcc, i thort you only edit the newcamd.list file? And what is dcc?

Sorry for being a bit stupid lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi

The is a good image, but its a little too slow for me I find the VIX image much faster and seemed to bet a better picture. Johnny4791 DCC is Dreambox Control Centre you use this to input your lines.

Oh right [emoji85] I use vu control centre thats why i didnt recognise DCC thanks for that

right so everything i got is on an external hard drive if i was to upgrade using just a flash drive or using a second hdd could i just plug my hdd back in and itll keep all the information?

I just didnt go through kodi installing each host. That kept file size down. People can select them all after installing.

To be fair mate, I think kodi direct has gone downhill - is it me or does nothing seem to be working on it at the moment? I was in two minds as to whether to install it at all!

Has anybody found that crossEPG isnt there? Just flashed mine and setup ABM come to do epg and its not there?

sucmnsee i tried to flash your image but it just booted up i had to press power button for it to flash apart from that so far so good love the alien boot screen

Last edited:
Has anybody found that crossEPG isnt there? Just flashed mine and setup ABM come to do epg and its not there?

yes i had same problem, possibly sucmnsee missed labelled instructions?? i went.......

menu
system
epg
crossepg
download now

all working fine here after doing that as far as i can see

Back