New window sill

Scufferoo

I am Getting a new window sill, having took all the plaster off below it , there only seems like a bit of plaster giving it any support and this is all loose now . It sits about an inch above the brick work on 2 bits of wood ,each a third the war from the edges. The window sill goes under the brick work at the edges, this is loose so not a problem , so I plan to jemmy it away from the 2 pieces of wood . I will then be left with a row of bricks , what do I need to do to prep it for new window sill ? Is this how a new window sill should still be put in ( house is 60 yrsold) , or should it be put in after the plasters been in ?

I am Getting a new window sill, having took all the plaster off below it , there only seems like a bit of plaster giving it any support and this is all loose now . It sits about an inch above the brick work on 2 bits of wood ,each a third the war from the edges. The window sill goes under the brick work at the edges, this is loose so not a problem , so I plan to jemmy it away from the 2 pieces of wood . I will then be left with a row of bricks , what do I need to do to prep it for new window sill ? Is this how a new window sill should still be put in ( house is 60 yrsold) , or should it be put in after the plasters been in ?
Just take it off and let the plasterers dryline it.
You can fix the new cill to the flat new plasterboard

Back