newbie has a question... :D

dmenace

hi guys, ive recently joined the satellite elite and have a few questions. recently i paid a guy to install a motorised dish and box in my house and im currently on a server i think. im a bit worried that one day he may vanish and ill be left with a non working dish! :(
at times when im watching tv it says the signal is scrambled :S what does this mean? i rang the fella and he directed me to a new server and its now working. i hve no ide what kind of box i have but hen it switches on it says superbox...? any idea guys? plus if anyone knows how i can cut ties with him in the future and work work my own satellite n my own please private message me... i will be very greatful.

Is it poss to connect to other servers?
and if i wanted to upgrade my box to say something like a dreambox, wuld it be hard to install and update myself?

any help guys would be appreciated big time and again please go easy on me as this is all new to me.

thanks guys.

Yes you can get your own server anytime.
You can put more than one line in all of the
boxes I have seen.

Post in the "recommend a good card share server"
thread in the blade section and somebody will
send you the info.

You need to mention it's a motorised set up
and you want more than the standard sky package.

Yes you can change your box too.

The new box would have to be programmed with the various
satellite positions.

I have only got a fixed dish so I don't know how difficult
that is to be honest, but plenty of people run them so it
can't be that much of a problem if your dish is already setup properly.

I guess a bit of reading in required on the particular box you choose.

Wow that's is really helpful :) ill repost this same post in other pages and see what I get. Thanks again buddy

if i wanted to upgrade my box to say something like a dreambox, wuld it be hard to install and update myself?

The dreambox is fairly simple to set up, you can flash it using your web browser and edit any files as necessary using dreambox control centre, flash fxp or a similar program.

Back