Newbie.... help needed

Hi guys, I had to unplug my V8s box the other day... Moving furniture and stuff.... Totally messed the box up. Lost all channels, tried reseting router, re installing chanel list, refreshing sat channels.. Nothing is working... I know it's not the line as its working fine on box upstairs... I'm now getting frustrated with it. Any ideas??

Hi guys, I had to unplug my V8s box the other day... Moving furniture and stuff.... Totally messed the box up. Lost all channels, tried reseting router, re installing chanel list, refreshing sat channels.. Nothing is working... I know it's not the line as its working fine on box upstairs... I'm now getting frustrated with it. Any ideas??

do you have FTA channels?

unplug all connections at the back and plug them all back in carefully making sure they are in properly, Ethernet and dish cable.. make sure f connectors at end of cable are tight and screwed in properly
if it still doesn't come on then unplug router and unplug all box`s from wall sockets
now plug in your router and wait for it to connect to the net...plug in box 1 and see if it connects now plug in box 2 and see if it connects

Right... Did the above... Managed to get some movies.. But they come on for a few seconds then freeze others just say scrambled.

swap the box over and connect it to the cable and Ethernet the working box is on and see if it works there...also swap the working box onto the Ethernet and cable feed that the box isn't working on and see , this will tell you if its the box or not

Fixed it... Just happened to change ether net cable.. And hey presto.. Wish I'd thought of that a few days ago.. Would have not got the extra ear ache from her indoors lol. . . Thanks everyone for assist.

Back