Newbie Question

downwesht

Hi, I have a zgemma h.2s and want to attach a new unused toshiba harddrive to it to record etc.When I plug it into the front of the box and try to record I get a "write error while recording.Disk full?" message on the screen.I am not a techie (am over 50yrs!!!)I would appreciate any help that anyone would be kind enough to give me to get set up.Thanks

Hi, I have a zgemma h.2s and want to attach a new unused toshiba harddrive to it to record etc.When I plug it into the front of the box and try to record I get a "write error while recording.Disk full?" message on the screen.I am not a techie (am over 50yrs!!!)I would appreciate any help that anyone would be kind enough to give me to get set up.Thanks
You need to initialise and mount the HDD before the box can use it for recording

When was the last time the box was updated.

Menu, setup, system, storage device, initialisation.
Once it's finished initialising you can mount it.
Press blue, Mounts
Thanks but when I go to system no "storage device" selection comes up........Network,HDMI CEC,Time Settings,Logs Settings,Factory Reset only on menu

Thanks but when I go to system no "storage device" selection comes up........Network,HDMI CEC,Time Settings,Logs Settings,Factory Reset only on menu
The box isn't seeing the HDD, plug it into the rear usb socket and reboot the box and try again

Openatv 6.2 is years out of date.
We've been on 6.4 for a few years.
You might be wise to flash it to 6.4 before you do o anything else.
Is it used for satellite or IPTV or both?

Once usb intialized and mounted can he not save settings and do online update from 6.2 > 6.3 > 6.4 or will that not work.
Yes that would work but I assumed he was using wooshbuild or Grogbuild etc.
Plain openatv probably better on such an old device

Thanks will do it tomorrow as I want tv tonight and I dont want to make a mess of things!I will let you know how I get on.........
If using wooshbuild you will need to change skin from WB to MetrixHD or online flash\update will not work.

Back