newbie status

deanmitch

so there has been a reshuffle of status,? i understand need to stop one posters sell and off, so when does newbie status end now?, while i have been here since 2015 ( not exactly fly by night:smiley:) i have been kinda "if it aint broke dont fix it" member, now since i had to get new E2 boxes ( no zgemmas anymore) obviously i am here relearning, i thought i saw something were a certain amount of posts qualify but cant find it again? so what counts " messages" , " reaction" scores?
and not all post count like here right .
cheers

Newbie changes to member when you've been registered over 3 months and have 100 or more posts.

It was broke before as many were taking advantage of our conversation system and never really contributing to the forum. You only need 5 posts.

Dosnt matter how long you’ve been a member inactivity plays a part and by the looks of it not been very active tbh it’s better this way as stops people posting shite just to gain status I could name a few members that post/ed shite just to get post counts up be more active and give advice where possible and maybe will change from newbie

It helps protect anyone who wants a sub and stops chancers.

Exactly. Anyone could sign up and spam a members inbox before. Now they have to either be recognised here (with post history), or become a forum supporter and then I have their PayPal details if they rip a member off. Its not about money it's about protecting other members. I'd prefer people post than become a supporter.

thanks for replies
this thing with tech is not my thing really so wont have a great deal of advice to give but i have contributed were i think i could when i could , i am more useful and active on other forums clue is in my profile pic ( dont do facetext & instasham) :smiley: this place is great for advice on techy things like iptv etc ,
yep i see i am not to far away for a status change so i will continue to try and contribute .
cheers
p.s i am good at posting shite too :laughing:

Last edited:
Back