Newie seeking general advice and pointers.

cdy

Hi guys, this is my first satellite forum post, though I've been visiting regularly for the past few weeks to read the stickies and tutorials. I used to use a Starview cable box until the N3 change-over. For the past 12 months I've been a subscription-paying cable customer! I recently heard about Dreambox satellite receivers and cardsharing. It's seems to be a very complicated process, but that's why I'm here! As I wrote above I've read tutorials and sticky posts but I honestly still don't understand much! Getting up and running is clearly not going to be an easy process, but I'm here to learn.and, hopefully, get into a new "hobby" for lack of a better word. Anyway, guys, I'm here to learn, and hopefully, I'll be able to contribute something eventually. (No doubt I'll be a leetch for a while, but hopefully I will become a "seeder" in due course!)

At the moment I'm letting my VM sub run out. (I've another 2 wks left.) I'm planning on (attempting) to put a mini dish up pointing at e28 within the next couple of weeks. In the meantime I'm hoping to chose a suitable receiver box and absorb as much info as possible from more knowledgeable members and tutorials etc.

Any words of advice and pointers will be greatly appreciated!

CDY

blade media box is top box at the moment cdy, simple to set up and you get all the sky channels with the cardshare.

Thanks for this, dee. Coincidentally I've just been offered a BL7000. From what I've read they're comparatively simple to set up, which is a big bonus! The DM800 sounds very complicated - too complicated for my head! The only downside to the BM box is that it's a single tuner. I was considering the Qbox mini so I could have a second tuner but I don't really want to go over £150 so there's a good chance I'll go for the BM box. As a complete newbie to satellite would an Openbox s9 or an x403p box be a good option? Many thanks

Back