Next Door Neighbour's Internet Defaulting to Mine

Erinville

Every day when my next door neighbour plugs in his Firestick the network on his Firestick defaults to my Deco 4 TP Link.
He then has to choose his own network and input his WiFi password.
Is there any way to stop this from happening?

Sounds like your back door is open for anyone to enter and thinking you need to set up passwords to stop intruders to stop it connecting to your network.

If you scan your network for internet you can see all users near you with a padlock on their network meaning your locked out unless you enter password and key.

is he connecting to your deco or do you have your isp router wifi network still on? I have a deco mesh system, you have to turn off the wifi network on the original router if you don't need it no more.

It seems his Firestick is looking for the strongest signal. I'll try to turn off the wireless settings on the original modem.

Is it actually connecting to your network or just trying to connect?

on the firestick he can 'forget' your network and so it should then connect to his, or another neighbours

Sounds like he's selected your network in the past, possibly in error. Unless he knows your password, it's not really doing any harm though.

As suggested above, just change your network name if it bothers you.

Change router name,
Change router access password,
Change WiFi name,
Change WiFi password,
Jobs done

If you've changed your password and it's not been entered into his firestick in the past, there's no way it can connect to it.
If you have as above set the firestick to forget his network details.

Yes, I can get him to forget network.
But the next time he plugs it in I wonder will his Firestick remember that command?

Yes, I can get him to forget network.
But the next time he plugs it in I wonder will his Firestick remember that command?
if he doesn't know your password then it wont connect, it should automatically connect to the strongest network that has the credentials entered

Back