NGuemo keen to seal permanent Celtic switch

noelyf

VIP Member
0003441510dr.jpg

Friday, 7 May 2010

Landry NGuemo has urged Celtic to make his loan move from Nancy permanent before he goes to the World Cup.

The Cameroon midfielder has begun talks with the Parkhead side over a reported #1.8million summer transfer.

Celtic have a first option on the 24-year-old, who joined them on a temporary transfer in September, but that expires on May 31.

NGuemo, who is banned for Sunday's final Clydesdale Bank Premier League season at Hearts, said in the Daily Record: 'I've really settled into life in Scotland and I hope I haven't played my last game for Celtic.

'I want to be here again next season and while there have been some discussions, it hasn't yet been sorted out. I want to play in Scotland and I want to play for Celtic.

'There are other options but the clearest thing for me would be to settle things with Celtic before the World Cup.

'I don't know when the Cameroon squad meets up or even if I'm in it yet but if I am then I would like to go to the World Cup knowing my future with Celtic is sorted.'

NGuemo picked up a suspension after being booked nine times this season and admits he may have been carded even more often in another country.

He added: 'Football is very physical in Scotland. Many tackles that would be punished in France are passed off as normal challenges here.

'I've been really surprised since I came to Glasgow. I had some fears about it but I've really grown to like the city.

'It was hard for me to express myself at first because the Scottish accent isn't always clear but it's getting better and better all the time for me.'

Back