Nintendo Switch - Slide bar at RHS appearing without touching anything

nivyboy

Hey ,

Sorry i could not see Nintendo switch related forum

Got a strange slide bar that keep appearing on the right hand side of the screen without touching anything , this can happen during game play both on Tv or on small screen, i tried taking screen shot using the switch but it does not actually capture the slide bar that appears , so it may be some sort of overlay. I have taken some photos below using my phone to give you understanding.

I have tried updating and calibrating of the controllers but it still just appears , I'm thinking its actually a problem with my RHS joycon stick , this is normally the controller the kids use so it may just be busted , but thought see is any members have had similar issues before i buy another.

The only way i can get the slide bar away is turn off the switch and reconnect using another controller.

Anyone any thoughts ?

Kind regards

Nivyboy
IMG_20200429_134229.png
IMG_20200429_133918.png

yes there is obviously something wrong with controller. One of the kods may of connected the controller with a bit to much force. you can buy a replacement rail for aroud £9.00

sorry mate you need to buy the slide bit on the joycon you can get them for £5 while you have the joycon open you might aswell replace the joystic to prebent drift. total cost around £13.

Thanks Mike , seems a shout , i put on another the other R Joy con that i have and to replicate that side screen appearing you have to hold down the home button, so could be possibility thats jammed also , are you aware if that can be replaced ? i just i could see what kind of screws it need to open. might me crisps or ohter junk it it . I'm blaming kids for sure at the pink controller is there go to.

Yes you can replace the home button. Best to give a quick clean when you open it up.

manged to get the tools ordered today , been a bit crazy at home , anyway got another issue with another RHS joy con , this time it works connected , however when separated from switch it does not light up and connect ? any thoughts on that ? , it vibrates etc when you search for it , just doesn't connect when pressing the SL or SR buttons, i suspect the kids have gnawed that one also.

1. While controllers are connected go into settings and disconnect
2. Remove joycons
3 power down swtch
4 re sync the controllers

This should fix things. If not make sure non of the pins are damaged

Managed to get the problem with my RHS home button issue above sorted , once i opened up a gave it a little clean out and now its working , thanks @mike123 , although the the other issue with the RHS works when connected but not when disconnected , i opened it up and pulled out some ribbon cables and put it back together and thought i had cracked it but hadn't , PS took me ages to get ribbon cables back on , i wonder if its the SL and SR button ribbon, could the ribbon that connects that be broken ? when i hit the buttons the wee lights don't come on to sync ? anyone had anything similar ? or does my theory sound plausible ?

Your theory sounds right. You can probably pick up some cables cheap. You have to be very careful with those cables it is easy to damage the ends or split them.

Get your soldering irons ready. There is a solution for hacking all switches now, including the switch lite.

Older models it is still very easy with a soft mod.

The new models and switch lite will need to solder in a mod chip. All switches will use the sxos system.

Hi @mike123 , i ended up breaking the ribbon connection , very small plastic grips , was gutted , i had them together with tape for a bit and it worked but eventually failed , I'm gonna pass it to a friend who is handy and see if he can repair it , i ended up buying a new pair of joy cons.

i never really found a walkthrough to the switch hack - my switch is an older version so is patched - have you tried ?

Back