Nintendo swtich

Your console is not patched. Hooray!

Possible firmware version out of the box: 3.0.2

Thats what it said

you can either use SX Pro or you can use Atmosphere CFW,SX Pro you need to pay for it,Atmosphere Cfw is free but either way you will need a micro sd ideally 128,256 etc and if you choose the free method a RCM Jig and a payload injecter or if you use the pc a usb to usb-c cable.
I see you can store games on a external hdd with SX PRO but you cannot with atmosphere so you need to decide what route you want to use.
I use atmosphere and @mike123 uses sx pro so someone will be able to guide you

you can either use SX Pro or you can use Atmosphere CFW,SX Pro you need to pay for it,Atmosphere Cfw is free but either way you will need a micro sd ideally 128,256 etc and if you choose the free method a RCM Jig and a payload injecter or if you use the pc a usb to usb-c cable.
I see you can store games on a external hdd with SX PRO but you cannot with atmosphere so you need to decide what route you want to use.
I use atmosphere and @mike123 uses sx pro so someone will be able to guide you
Always have a spare sd card with atmosphere mate. Sometimes it takes TX 4-5 weeks to update.

The good thing is with SXOS you can do any switch now.

The good thing is with SXOS you can do any switch now.
Myself would stick to the switch original so you can dock it for one and if useing SXOS the option to use a External HDD is a big bonus,plus does the lite have the joycon drift issue also, but atleast with the original you dont need to open the back up to fix the issue

Once you have setup your switch to cfw,you can use a app called tinfoil,inside tinfoil you put the web address of "the homebrew gang" and "jack in the shop" and all games will be listed with updates and dlc for you to install

I might need help setting stuff up as i am new to this type...i have done the DS with the cards they were easy

@mike123 can advise you on team X setup,also have a look on there website there will be tutorials there but you need a VPN to access it.
yes you will need a VPN to acess tx website. Set up is very easy

1. download the latest .bootdata file
2. Drag to the above file to the root of your sd card
3 boot into recovery mode
4 go into the options menu backup nand
5 go back to the options menu create emu nand.

you can do the above without activating your licence

i have uploaded the full guide.

Once you have setup your switch to cfw,you can use a app called tinfoil,inside tinfoil you put the web address of "the homebrew gang" and "jack in the shop" and all games will be listed with updates and dlc for you to install
Do you need a fat 32 formatted sd card for tinfoil?

Attachments

• [EN]_SX_Pro_v1.3 (1).pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 15
Yes i have VPN no hassle there...is this the SXpro or another way of doing it...yes i have 32g memory card

yes you will need a VPN to acess tx website. Set up is very easy

1. download the latest .bootdata file
2. Drag to the above file to the root of your sd card
3 boot into recovery mode
4 go into the options menu backup nand
5 go back to the options menu create emu nand.

you can do the above without activating your licence

i have uploaded the full guide.
WOW thank you thats a detailed write up and this is what came up when i checked my switch,
Your console is not patched. Hooray!
Possible firmware version out of the box: 3.0.2 also were do i get games from to load onto memory card

also how do i instal or get these tinfoil etc to put on the memory card

Cannot get tinfoil to install on sxos
Have a look here /hbg/ - Homebrew Gang
its worth getting discord and joining the group.

also how do i instal or get these tinfoil etc to put on the memory card
you need to get the items your going to need to access the CFW,then load it up on the console before even thinking about games.

Cannot get tinfoil to install on sxos
I have just had a look through the instructions you posted for sx pro and on page 16 is the instructions to add the url for Homebrew gang shop,jackintheshop and partyshop.SX installer looks like tinfoil but with a a SXOS theme,for homebrew gang shop to work the theme needs to have homebrew gang in the title,you change the theme in the options tab.the other shops don't need a custom theme

I have just had a look through the instructions you posted for sx pro and on page 16 is the instructions to add the url for Homebrew gang shop,jackintheshop and partyshop.SX installer looks like tinfoil but with a a SXOS theme,for homebrew gang shop to work the theme needs to have homebrew gang in the title,you change the theme in the options tab.the other shops don't need a custom theme
worked out what i was doing wrong. I was not using the tinfoil installer. cheers for the help.

Back