No channels on H5.2TC

dazw86

Hi guys,

I'm reasonbly new to cable boxes but have set up many sly ones in the past. I have now traded my trusted H2S for the new H5.2TC. First impressions is it's a great new box. I have set this up from scratch as I normally do with the difference being I've disable the sat tuner and entered my net ID for the vm tuners.

Only issue is, I can't get any premium channels to work. I have the limited FTA ones ok and searching finds them all, it's just not playing.

I am using MGcamd and have a N line entered. Is there anything I am missing or something specific I have to do for Cable?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks,

So have you scanned all the channels in via ABM and it's just not clearing the channels? If so, it does sound like a line issue and how you've put the line over... are you sure that the line is active - was it a proper line or test?

Correct, all have scanned ok, just not clearing.

The supplier has assured me he has tested the line and it is ok (full line) and to be fair he has issued me with another (24hr test) and it is the same result.

Is the mg config different for cable to sly or is there anything else I am missing?

have you got a s*y line aswell or just a cable line?

In your keys folder, you only need a mg_cfg file and your newcamd.list file with your line details in there - once it's set up like this, you need to go into your softcam manager, select mgcamd 1.38 for cam 1 then hit green to start it.

Make sure your box is connected to the internet too by doing a network test - if it's not connected to the internet then obviously the line will not be able to clear the channels.

Thanks guys.

I only have the cable line in there at the moment. Didn't want to add too many variables at the first attempt. MGcamd is active but says the usual no ecm info. Network tests are all ok.

Yes I have added it into ABM too. This would probably only show a mismatch for what ABM find anyway I would have thought.

Yes, bc1 sd is fine, it is purely just the premium channels.

I completely agree, it is pointing to my line but the provider says he has tested and it is ok. Plus he sent me the second line and that's still the same.

Is there anyway I can test the line myself?

No but i'm more than willing to test a line for you - either your line or test line ... just fire me a pm.

For info - Should anyone else come across this with the same issue, added the Keepalive line to the newcamd.list and it started working fine.

Thank you to ste for your guidance mate :-)

Reactions: ste
Getting the same issue.... in your newcamd.list file, was it simply the case of adding "keepalive" in the script??

Getting the same issue.... in your newcamd.list file, was it simply the case of adding "keepalive" in the script??

Yes, it needed to be as follows;

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 60
CWS = ***line info here*** 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

There's a mg_cfg file in the downloads section that has been configured to work all variables of sat and cable lines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back