Satellite No encrypted Channels but FTA?

kpatrickm

So Iv set up my box to what I THINK is right. Iv scanned the channels and I have found them all but I only get a pic on the FTA channels. Im in Glasgow and I have set the NetID to 00002
Provider is Virgin Uk (6952)

I have added my Test line to var/keys

Help please I have been at this for hours

Is your softcam active? Go to a FTA channel, press the blue button, select softcams and make sure it has a tick to autostart and is active, maybe restart?

Your testline is for VM and not Sly?

Also are you selecting a channel from your sat tuner and not cable tuner, double press ok on any channel and it will tell you which tuner you are using, as there will be an epf for sly and an epg for vermin

Last edited:
Softcam is active (mgcamd.1.38) Is there anyway to check if it is indeed a VM line I have?Channels are on the correct Cable tuner. What is the AGC value as mine is at 0%

I have newcamd.list and mg_cfg in var/keys.Is there another mg_cfg file that I maybe need or is it the same file no mater if Im using VMor Sky?

Thanks

It should work if typed in correctly, did you ask your provider for a VM line? Can you put a sat feed to it and see if they clear after running sat ABM? AGC is like signal quality and snr is like signal strength, agc of 0 is not good, have you tried a non HD version of the channel as the H1 and H2 that I bought and tried would not pick up certain channels like ch4 HD, SS2 HD most of the HD movie channels, added a USB tuner to my solo2 and it picked up all the low freq ones, sold the zgemmas on.
Does BBC non HD work? but HD version not?

BBC1 SD works BUT HD doesnt? I think I did ask for a VM line but I just emailed again to confirm. Do you think a signal booster would work as I had a SkyBox 5 I think a while back and I needed a booster to find channels. Although ALL channels a there now its just they wont display. It really seems like a line problem? If the AGC is at 0% would the SD FTA channels still work?

If BBC SD works and not HD then its a line/cam set up issue, hd is encrypted sd not, I'm not sure about the AGC, does the SD version show 0 too? My usb tuners show 0 SNR, software bug, maybe it shows if they clear, not sure as new to vermin myself

Yip SD channels show 0% AGC also. Is it a different mg_cfg file for VM and SKY? I have actually requested another test line from another source to try but that doesnt work either? My head hurtsIm using the sucmnsee backup image from the downloads section?

I'm not sure mate as I don't use mgcam, I much prefer oscam. When I press ok twice on an encrypted channel my server details and ecm info appears, are you showing any connection? Is your net connection to the box ok, can you download plugins for example?

Is oscam downloadable from the plugins? The internet connection is fine as plugins are downloadable and the Network check passes OK?

just to add if using a nline 2 files are sent to usr/keys even though you said var/keys same thing.

in there should be mgcfg. and newcamd.list where line is sent and N deleted and replaced with CWS

very few use oscam more like CCcam and mgcamd.

Yes, oscam is downloadable from the plugins, I use r9620r17, you will need a config file for it, if you PM me your email I will send it to you with instructions, but leaving for work in 30 mins :(

---------- Post Merged at 05:47 PM ----------

All cable servers I have seen ban your line if you use CCcam, mgcamd or oscam only, I find it handles multi lines better

Back