No Jab No Job!

bonus2010

VIP Member
No Jab No Job!

Obviously, this will be of concern to those who need a job, but don't want a covid vaccine for whatever reason.

From what I've picked up so far on this issue..

(a) the UK government can not force anyone to have a vaccine (to change that, an act of parliament would need to be repealed)

(b) an employer can not dismiss those currently employed legally that refuse a covid vaccine (there's current employment legislation)

(c) it's currently an untested area of law, whether an employer can discriminate potential employees on
account of mot having a covid vaccine.

I really do feel the government should introduce legislation so employers can not discriminate against people who
have not been vaccinated for a job.

What do you think?

Another question I have, how will employers know if anyone has or has not been vaccinated given they
do not have access to medical records. (NHS UK at least)

Paper.jpg

u know what.. my wife works in retail n iv survived a yr not getting it but i do know a few that have passed n lost family in this ,and as an event runner as in djs,packed clubs,venues , id want nothing more to see that again so if we have to have it to get back to some normally i will but if i dont i wont simple as

(c) it's currently an untested area of law, whether an employer can discriminate potential employees on
account of mot having a covid vaccine.

Another question I have, how will employers know if anyone has or has not been vaccinated given they
do not have access to medical records. (NHS UK at least)

All it'll take is an unsuccessful interviewee to sue a company in a "landmark case" and it'll die a death. Firms might be able to justify it from a business point of view, from a moral point of view, but as the law stands I don't think they can justify it legally.

I doubt any firm will be able to not employ or dismiss anyone who has not had the vaccine, it's a matter of choice like if you smoke or drink or gamble, it's your life.
As long as you do you duties to the letter then you will be fine.

Personally I think the care sector will get away with vaccine or out!
Other sectors will be in legal minefield, some have already stated that they are going down that route, Pimlico plumbers for one ! Hope they stick to there guns! My opinion obviously!

Personally I think the care sector will get away with vaccine or out!
Other sectors will be in legal minefield, some have already stated that they are going down that route, Pimlico plumbers for one ! Hope they stick to there guns! My opinion obviously!

Are you thinking, the private care sector will find a way to discriminate against non-vaxinated new recruits?

I say that, because I'm struggling to believe that the government as an employer will consider introducing discriminating against
non vaxinated new recruits.

Are you thinking, the private care sector will find a way to discriminate against non-vaxinated new recruits?

I say that, because I'm struggling to believe that the government as an employer will consider introducing discriminating against
non vaxinated new recruits.
I am saying that, I think private care sector will promote confidence to clients and there families with that measure.
Pimlico plumbers will gain a USP by stating all there home visits will be covered by vaccinated personnel!
Personal choices and beliefs of job seekers won't cut it for certain positions.
Also the entertainment businesses Theatres and indoor venues are seriously consider vaccination conditions!

But as the vaccine is not 100% somebody who has been vaccinated could in theory still contract covid, so you could just say you have had the vaccine and take your chance.
Most things in life can be copied/forged and there is a way around lots officialdom in the UK.
If I had £1 for everytime a woman says her bf isn't shacked up with her to escape paying rent I'd be a millionaire.

But as the vaccine is not 100% somebody who has been vaccinated could in theory still contract covid, so you could just say you have had the vaccine and take your chance.
Most things in life can be copied/forged and there is a way around lots officialdom in the UK.
If I had £1 for everytime a woman says her bf isn't shacked up with her to escape paying rent I'd be a millionaire.
Most people that say they are not taking the vaccine! are not likely to pretend they have or forge documents to prove they have it
You might as well have it just have it, you will just feel a little Prick!!

Would you feel cheated if you had the vaccine and then still got locked down in the winter to save the NHS? especially if you are in the nonrisk category and have no health issues but felt the blackmail of a normal life if you were to take it was rescinded?
Because as we know the vaccine apparently does not stop the spread but alleviates the symptoms thus cutting down the need to be hospitalized as we have been told all the way through this.

Would you feel cheated if you had the vaccine and then still got locked down in the winter to save the NHS? especially if you are in the nonrisk category and have no health issues but felt the blackmail of a normal life if you were to take it was rescinded?
Because as we know the vaccine apparently does not stop the spread but alleviates the symptoms thus cutting down the need to be hospitalized as we have been told all the way through this.
Not sure I agree with that, Data has shown that some vaccines reduce and cut down the risk of spreading the disease! Trialling still taking place but results thus far are promising!

Just a little update for this thread, came across this image of the Daily Mail front page..
Typical newspaper aluding to forcing NHS staff to have the covid vaccine as their headline, obviously to gain attention (we all know that won't be straight forward.)

Most interesting part for me was to read that as many as 200,000 NHS workers have refused the offer of a covid jab.
I read on another newspaper article that the highest percentage of NHS refusals was in London.

It sure is being discussed by Ministers. Its bound to be, given they've sent the nation into a panic over the coronavirus.
I'd just find it more interesting to know the reasons why from NHS staff who have refused the offer of a jab.

NHS.jpg

found another similar story on the metro newspaper

Code:
https://metro.co.uk/2021/03/03/nhs-and-care-home-staff-could-be-forced-to-have-covid-jabs-14181393/

Last edited:
The UK cannot force you to have the jab. However, an employer can't knowingly put there workforce or potential customers in danger.

Pimco plumbers have already said no vaccine no job. A pub landlord dose not have to give a reason to refuse entry.

I should imagine other countries are going to insist on some sort of proof of vaccine.

If you can't have it for medical reasons there will probably be some sort of exemption certificate.

The UK cannot force you to have the jab. However, an employer can't knowingly put there workforce or potential customers in danger.

Pimco plumbers have already said no vaccine no job. A pub landlord dose not have to give a reason to refuse entry.

I should imagine other countries are going to insist on some sort of proof of vaccine.

If you can't have it for medical reasons there will probably be some sort of exemption certificate.

What like a death certificate ?

I was offered, short contract in Bahrain, I listened to the job description,
I was asked if I was fully vaccinated.
( I am not a dog was my 1st thought)

If I had not had my 2nd jab, no visa, no job etc.

Bahrain has covid quite serious, so I declined the job offer, as I knew Caron has an impending operation. So in this case no jab no job.

Bahrain has covid quite serious, so I declined the job offer, as I knew Caron has an impending operation. So in this case no jab no job.
It will happen quite a bit in the future. Employers can't risk one person infecting the whole workplace

Will be the norm of not just working overseas but life generally going forward.

No vaccine equals no benefit.

The company called myself, requiring my skill set, but the gaffa, made it clear from the start of the conversation, I was a little offended, but I was not asked if I had renewed my yellow fever jab
Or hepatitis . As both required to work in Bahrain.
Yes I do think vaccination will become the Norm.

It will happen quite a bit in the future. Employers can't risk one person infecting the whole workplace
Plimco plumbers are only doing it for new workers, there current workers who have a contract will have a choice wether they want it or not, unless it's changed since then but I don't think it has

Back