No output from box at all! Any ideas?

rekutt

Ive set my parents H5.2S at my house this weekend, put Wooshbuild 7 on it and got it set up. It was working fine all over the weeknd as we watch lots of football on it.

They went back to France where they are living, plugged the box in and theres no signal to the tv at all?

The sky cables are in the correct feeds, the box boots up and you can see the green light and the time on the front but nothing.

They have tried every source in put on the TV and even tried a different tv? Theyve tried two brand new hdmi cables too but nowt?

Im really really stuck what to tell them, as they are in another country its not easy for me to see what the issue is to help.

Does anyone have any ideas i can try out??

Thanks in advance.

have they performed a scan?
checked signal strength?
Restarted the softcam?

Ah, you mean there's nothing getting from the box to the TV?

it could be the HDMI port on the box but if you've tried AV cables that seems unlikely

They can’t do any kind of scan as there’s nothing coming up on the screen. No menus nothing?
So there’s nothing getting to the tv from the box.

The box is on and working plus it was working fine at my house too so the power cable seems fine also?

I can’t see it being incompatible as I set the last box up for them at my house and once they took it home to France it worked fine?

I'd just get a set of AV leads and try those instead of hdmi, could be a faulty port on the box

This is something I could get them to try. Nice one!

Could they buy Av cables to hdmi or does it have to be scart??

Last edited by a moderator:
hit
nail
head
I'd say.
you may have to change refresh rate , and output type, easier said than done

Any ideas what it should be set at?
Issue is the last box I set up on wooshbuild for them worked fine from the standard setup.

Any ideas what it should be set at?
Issue is the last box I set up on wooshbuild for them worked fine from the standard setup.
I dont think AV will work as French TVs use SECAM [ iirc ] , and the UK uses PAL
I'd set refresh to auto,

Thanks for the ip and webtif suggestions it’s a great idea to see if it shows up. If so then it’s a hdmi port issue.

The tv they have is a UK tv though I think. They took it with them but I’ll check.

They have iPhones and iPads so does anyone know if there’s a iOS app that will find out there box IP address? Cheers

it’s a great idea to see if it shows up. If so then it’s a hdmi port issue.
This isn't strictly true as it could just be the TV won't show the resolution the box is pushing out.

If you can see the screen using webif:

Menu -> Setup -> Video -> Basic settings - set mode to 720 and Refresh rate to auto.

When using webif each button press will take a second or two to update the screen in the browser. So take your time with one button press at a time.

This isn't strictly true as it could just be the TV won't show the resolution the box is pushing out.

Menu -> Setup -> Video -> Basic settings - set mode to 720 and Refresh rate to auto.

When using webif each button press will take a second or two to update the screen in the browser. So take your time with one button press at a time.

Cheers Wooshman, if I get them to connect I’ll defo give this a go first to see if it’s a frame rate issue.

This forum is the best!!

Thanks everyone

Don't forget that you can also use Teamviewer to connect to their laptop/PC and use webif to take a look at it yourself, both of you need to download Teamviewer then they send you the login details and you are practically in the same room as them

Hi Wobshman

Update:

The webif connecting worked fine and i got them to connect to the box fine, when they pressed grab screenshot it shows the picture on screen so its defo working. Its just not outputting the image to the tv.

Ive gone through the basic settings but do i leave automatic resolution on disabled? i can set the mode to 720p but theres no option to set the refresh rate to auto? its either 50hz or 60hz or multi.

What happens after that also, do they save the settings and restart the box?

Can you explain a bit further please fella?

Cheers

I always set to 50hz, as most TVs will output this in the UK, not sure about France though.

Start with 50, then try 60 if 50 doesn't work.

Pleased webif worked.

Back