HD51 4K No power to box help

Many thanks for reply. Do you know what the component is called for ordering purposes? M
No idea what ampage it is but it's a fuse of some kind.
If you test continuity and it fails then I assume any fuse of the same ampage will do the same job, just solder one in.
If your PSU is 3 or 4 amp then I'd use a 3 or 4 amp fuse.
It doesn't have to be the exact one, a fuse is a fuse

No idea what ampage it is but it's a fuse of some kind.
If you test continuity and it fails then I assume any fuse of the same ampage will do the same job, just solder one in.
If your PSU is 3 or 4 amp then I'd use a 3 or 4 amp fuse.
It doesn't have to be the exact one, a fuse is a fuse
Ah that's brilliant. Many thanks.

As it turns out the fuse at F3 is not blown. I got the beep when checking for continuity. So, the problem must be further up the line.

As it turns out the fuse at F3 is not blown. I got the beep when checking for continuity. So, the problem must be further up the line.
I'm not an electrician so probably of no further use here. I wouldn't go chasing components around the board or it could take forever, it might be time to get a new box, but not another HD51, they obviously have a fault from manufacturing considering so many of them go the same way

I'm not an electrician so probably of no further use here. I wouldn't go chasing components around the board or it could take forever, it might be time to get a new box, but not another HD51, they obviously have a fault from manufacturing considering so many of them go the same way
I think it's just a design fault. There is no power switch on the back of the box and people plug the power cable in when it is already switched on and live, causing arcing.

Back