No settings tab on outer portal.

fluffy

Hello. Strange problem with my mag322 that's got me and one of my provider's stumped. There is no settings tab to adjust buffer or reboot, reload portal, etc on the outer portal they provide. I pull the plug, then load my other outer portal from a different provider and the settings tab is there in between YouTube and internet, as it always has been, with other suppliers too. No custom firmware on the box. Nothing too major, but a right pain if I want to switch portals, pulling the power lead out and in again is not ideal. I loaded the non setting provider up in stbemu and it was the same, no settings tab. Aplogies if this has been covered already, but I did search first, and I couldn't find any post with the same issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

No need to reflash your box the problem is on your providers side it is them you should contact.

Thanks for the replys. I also thought it would be a supplier problem, just because my other supplier has the settings tab on the same box. Always reluctant to update the firmware since I read about blocking and, other than this issue, the mag has been running OK. My supplier says that he doesn't have a clue either, so hopefully someone can give me advice to pass on to them. A very strange issue, but hopefully some thing simple.

Hi lads I cant figure out how to fix ISP on mag254 ethernet is perfect
Just saying no ISP
,the mac shows up
But not sure how to work them linus settings with the ISP
It's been factory reset and auto dhcp is ok

Anything that can help me REGARDS

Thanks for the replys. I also thought it would be a supplier problem, just because my other supplier has the settings tab on the same box. Always reluctant to update the firmware since I read about blocking and, other than this issue, the mag has been running OK. My supplier says that he doesn't have a clue either, so hopefully someone can give me advice to pass on to them. A very strange issue, but hopefully some thing simple.
I have exactly the same problem as you say a pain when you want to switch to another portal have to unplug box.
probably using same supplier.

Back