No signal on zgemma h9s. Please help.

reggie73

Could someone possible help me as im rapidly going crazy.
I have 2 boxes. One is a zgemma h9s currently in my bedroom. Its working perfect. The other a vu+ solo2 box and thats in my living room. Its working perfect.
Ive just got a new 4k tv in the front room and want to swap the boxes over as the zgemma is 4k and the vu+ isnt, all makes sense to make the most out of the new tv in the living room.
Here comes the problem. I put the coax cable into the zgemma in the living room and its not picking up any signal. Ived use simple settings, ect exactly how it was upstairs but no signal. If i put the coax cable back into the vu+ box in the living room, bam it has a signal and if i take the zgemma back upstairs, the signal works there too. What am i doing wrong? Just cant get my head round this one.
The set up is the same in both rooms. I have a ethernet cable, hdmi to the tv and the coax (sky) cable to put in the box.
Can anybody please help.

Either your cable or the F connectors from sky dish to the front room is the problem. The LNB on the dish is working ok as the other rooms work fine. Check the F connector which goes into the box and see if there is a cable sticking out through the centre of it.

Either your cable or the F connectors from sky dish to the front room is the problem. The LNB on the dish is working ok as the other rooms work fine. Check the F connector which goes into the box and see if there is a cable sticking out through the centre of it.
Thanks for replying to me. The f connectors in the front room do have a cable sticking out from both of them. The strange thing is if i put them back in the vu box the signal comes back.
Zgemma back upstairs with signal perfect too.
I thought it would be as simple as just swapping them over.

You do have satellite setup on the zgemma ?
Yes i do. I only run freesat through my sky box and its been like that for years, upstairs and downstairs. Its all very strange. Its baffled me. Im normally not too bad when it comes to these boxes, but im clueless with this one.

Plug the vu into the bedroom and see if that works first. Is the the living room and the front room the same room ?

Id redo the living rooms f connector to start with the tuners are different on both boxes and the centre core may not be connecting on the h9. Leave around 4mm centre core visible from the f connector.

Set up as
Simple
28e.

Some receivers have satellite connectors that are longer/shorter than others.
If there is only a short central core visible on your cable it might be worth re-terminating it with a longer core.

EDIT - .......... what @Ferret. said :ROFLMAO:
I had started this post 10 minutes ago and then Mrs Willo came to talk at me!

Ok, so ive put the vu box upstairs and it connected straight away didnt even have to re tune it. Zgemma still not picking up a signal in the front room/ living room
Plug the vu into the bedroom and see if that works first. Is the the living room and the front room the same room ?
Yes the vu is working perfect upstairs. Living room /front room yes is the same room im talking about, sorry.

Ive made the cores longer downstairs for the zgemma and still no joy.
This has really puzzled me.

If there is an F connector in use, swap over the outlets so that the cable downstairs is plugged into the outlet now feeding upstairs if you follow my drift.
There must be a problem with the splitter

If there is an F connector in use, swap over the outlets so that the cable downstairs is plugged into the outlet now feeding upstairs if you follow my drift.
There must be a problem with the splitter
The cables for the f connectors go straight outside via a hole in the wall and are plugged into the sky dish. Can i pull them out of sky dish and swap them,do you know? Ive never been near the dish before. Better get me ladders out lol.

Can you take a screenshot of the downstairs cable f connector the copper wire through the centre needs to be sticking out by about 4 mm

Can also go into settings on the box and check Snr signal

The cables for the f connectors go straight outside via a hole in the wall and are plugged into the sky dish. Can i pull them out of sky dish and swap them,do you know? Ive never been near the dish before. Better get me ladders out lol.
I assumed the incoming cable from the dish went in the inlet and the two outlets fed the bedroom and living room sat boxes?
Not sure about your configuration.

Unless the two cables going through the wall are incoming from the dish, and outgoing to the bedroom?

I assumed the incoming cable from the dish went in the inlet and the two outlets fed the bedroom and living room sat boxes?
Not sure about your configuration.

Unless the two cables going through the wall are incoming from the dish, and outgoing to the bedroom?
I have one cable that goes from the dish straight to the living room ( This has 2 f connectors on) and i have one cable that goes from the dish straight to the bedroom, this aswell has 2 f connectors on. 😊

I have one cable that goes from the dish straight to the living room ( This has 2 f connectors on) and i have one cable that goes from the dish straight to the bedroom, this aswell has 2 f connectors on. 😊
The zgemma only has one tuner?
Remove the F connector and plug the sat cable straight into the box

The zgemma only has one tuner?
Remove the F connector and plug the sat cable straight into the box
Yes just the one tuner. When it was upstairs one f connector was connected and the other was just lose behind the box.
I taken off the connector and just put the copper wire piece in and still nothing. 😩😩

When you check the cables on the zgemma go into menu, tuners and scanning, signal finder. Are you getting any Snr signal at all.

Attachments

• IMG_20220404_155918.jpg
    IMG_20220404_155918.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 19
Thanks for replying to me. The f connectors in the front room do have a cable sticking out from both of them. The strange thing is if i put them back in the vu box the signal comes back.
Zgemma back upstairs with signal perfect too.
I thought it would be as simple as just swapping them over.
Has that dish ever been used with a sky q box ?

Or was it just a standard HD sky box that was hooked upto it ?

With all the disconnecting and reconnecting cables on the boxes have you maybe connected to the loop out on the zgemma by mistake,hence no signal???

Back