No sound on mag box 256

WHUTOM

Hi can anyone help or know why the sound keeps going on my mag box 256, i have it running through a Denon AVR X2000, I use it for IPTV which seems to be ok, but when i use it to listen to music via either my ReadyNas or QNAP drives, the sound goes, the visual display is still ok, but the sound comes and goes, very frustrating if im listening to an Album when half way through the sound will go, sometimes it will come back on by itself or usually i have turn it off.
Iwould be grateful for any help........Thanks

Hi its not the amp as i replaced it not long ago, and it was the same on my other amp! i will try hdmi lead though, its weird how the tv dont lose sound so may possibly be the lead, thanks for reply

Ive changed the lead, played about 5 tracks, 6th came on, no sound! most annoying because apart from that the box does everything i need it too

Some HDMI Ports break internally.
Especially heavy cables such as monster.. They weigh a ton. and in time internals of the HDMI break literally snap soldered joints
Or even crack the board inside of a tv
I reviewed some affordable HDMI leads on TK. .

Thanks for reply, i have it running through my amp, i have taken out the dvd player and tried it in there and still same problem, its not like its random it usually goes off after a song has played and may come on again two or three songs later, always from the beginning

Might sound silly but have you tried connecting your 256..
Directly to tv . Exclude the amp

Not yet but its worth a try ill have to to see how to do it as all the cables from tv are boxed in, if the sound was coming and going half way through a song i would think there was something faulty, but this is before a song starts,

Hi sorry for late reply, basically .......
setting/system settings/audio/press F1 button, and set next value:
SPDIF Mode : Bitstream
HDMI Audio : SPDIF
This has improved it but not sorted it completely, although a lot better, i will see what else can be done.....

Hi sorry for late reply, basically .......
setting/system settings/audio/press F1 button, and set next value:
SPDIF Mode : Bitstream
HDMI Audio : SPDIF
This has improved it but not sorted it completely, although a lot better, i will see what else can be done.....
Digging up an old thread here but this post sorted out my audio issues with my msg 256.

Many vod items had no sound and this post fixed it , many thanks

Back