Nokia N8 keeps connecting to wlan..!

Ted luxston

VIP Member
Apologises if this has been out there already.. my phone keeps connecting to my wireless network indoors automatically continiously..nightmare..! thanks for any help..ps cant find manual.

Wheelo is a Nokia fan he might be able to help you. Is it causing a problem then, there must be somewhere is settings that you can switch wifi

i just put into google how to turn on/off wifi on N8 and got this from the nokia.com site

Hi, Menu-settings-conectivity-wlan, then highlight your connection and select disconnect wlan from the pop-up screen.

Just to go one step further, you have now disconnected from your WLAN... it is possible that your phone is still "scanning" for available networks, which will drain your battery just as much because the wifi module is still active.

Go to:

Menu | Settings | Connectivity | Wi-Fi

If you see a list of available networks or a message saying no networks found, the scanner is still active. In this case, continue to:

Options (left soft key) | Settings and then set "Show Wi-Fi availability" to "never". This completely deactivated wi-fi scanning.

I have it turned off and I put the "Wi-Fi Wizard" widget on one of my homescreens which makes it very simply to activate/deactive without having to go through 10 menus.

Last edited:
Yes Linny, but my Nokia /'s couldn't connect to wireless lol

AND, Shock horror, I have just grown up and got a Samsung Galaxy 3. Don't know what came over me.

Oh and by the way Ted, here is a video that tells you how to set up wifi properly

[video=youtube;ocDuogF0LxA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocDuogF0LxA[/video]

Last edited:
AND, Shock horror, I have just grown up and got a Samsung Galaxy 3. Don't know what came over me.
OMG LOL!!! you devil you lol!................ it will be a particular fruit next :)
well done for finding the video for the guy

also a link to your PDF version of your manual

Code:
http://nds1.nokia.com/phones/files/guides/Nokia_N8-00_UG_en.pdf

Thanks Linny and wheelo.. done it from linnys first thread..all sorted.. You lot are too good at this..! ps wheelo can you or linny close the thread for me if thats possible..! Sweet..

sorry ted none of us can close threads and no need to as it might :) help someone else.

Glad you got it sorted!

Back