Noob Questions

KaiserMCG

Hey all,

Got myself a ZGemma H7S with OpenATV installed during the week and have gotten it setup with the Channel Bouquet I want and all good on that front. I'm brand new to this box and indeed the whole Linux receiver world having formerly had Sky HD/Q/Humax Freesat boxes

It came loaded with the MetrixHD skin and it's pretty good, but as a former Sky refugee, I do prefer the look/feel of the Sky UI.

I've seen the skins here and tried a few out but my main question is if there's a way to remove or get one that doesn't have all the Sky channel/programme ad graphics on the main menu as these are no use in an FTA setup anyway. Alternatively is there a different skin that retains that Sky feel that I can try?

Appreciate any advice and thanks in advance :)

Look in the skin
Hey all,

Got myself a ZGemma H7S with OpenATV installed during the week and have gotten it setup with the Channel Bouquet I want and all good on that front. I'm brand new to this box and indeed the whole Linux receiver world having formerly had Sky HD/Q/Humax Freesat boxes

It came loaded with the MetrixHD skin and it's pretty good, but as a former Sky refugee, I do prefer the look/feel of the Sky UI.

I've seen the skins here and tried a few out but my main question is if there's a way to remove or get one that doesn't have all the Sky channel/programme ad graphics on the main menu as these are no use in an FTA setup anyway. Alternatively is there a different skin that retains that Sky feel that I can try?

Appreciate any advice and thanks in advance :)
There are various skins you can use with the sky Q look or the main sky looking setup.There is downloads availble in the slkn section with a guide to follow

skyNEW Skin

SkyQ Skin

is if there's a way to remove or get one that doesn't have all the Sky channel/programme ad graphics on the main menu as these are no use in an FTA setup anyway. Alternatively is there a different skin that retains that Sky feel that I can try?

KiddaC's sky skins (google it) allow you to remove the toppicks pictures if you don't like them. Not sure if Chab's skins are the same :unsure:

Thanks all.. I've gone with KiddaC's SkyQ skin in the end and gotten it (mostly) how I want it :)

siilver said:
see this post a lot. How do people cope on other devices when you can’t change the skin
Does all ui have to be sky like

No it doesn't at all, and to be fair the MetrixHD one the box came preset to is pretty good, but for all their faults Sky do put a lot into the UI in terms of layout and feel. Granted, it's become a lot more cluttered with the advent of Sky Q, Boxsets, Netflix add-ons etc, but having tried various alternatives in the last few days, I found myself still wanting that familiar feel to it.

Personal preference is all :)

Back