Noob? - VU Solo se2 HDD / USB Recording Destination Help

Seasiders

Good Morning All

I have a vu solo se2 and running vix and have had for 18 months. I started struggling with recordings on the installed HDD when they were not recording. I found initialising the HDD usually worked but about 2 weeks ago I got the error unable to overwrite superblocks.
If I check the file system I get the error message checking filesystem Error. e2fsck -b 8193<device> while trying to open /dev/sdb1

Rather than start to mess with the HDD I bought a usb and that worked fine until I was unable to record to it after a week. I've reformatted the USB but in the menu for mount manager I am unable to mount either the usb or the internal HDD - it does recognises they are there.
In the recording and playback settings page the default movie location is /media/hdd/movie/
I am unable change the default movie location all I have on the screen is /media/

Has anyone any idea on how on earth I can add the usb as the default drive for recordings (timer and instant) and how I manage to change the folder directories / add bookmark.

I'm at a loss. I don't want to start flashing it or anything too technical but I'm hoping it's something simple and someone can point me in the right direction of a fix.

Apologies in advance but as a noob I will probably need step by step guidance

Thanks in advance
Seasider

Back