Nord VPN settings?

I use a 4k firestick connected on Wifi (wifi hub is literally 2 foot away). Recently I've started using Nord VPN and I think it coincides with an increase in buffering from my IPTV suppliers. I've used IPTV for a number of years and am up to speed with maintenance such as rebooting router, clearing cache etc. If I swithc my VPN off it seems to improve so I suspect it's VPN related. I get good speed - 300 Mbps without VPN but at least 80 with VPN . I'm just wondering if there are any other settings on Nord VPN that I could tweek.
For instance I'm not sure what "Onion over VPN" and "Obfuscated" means???
Other option is to stop using the VPN - works fine without it but was just concerned safety wise??
Thanks in advance...

I use a 4k firestick connected on Wifi (wifi hub is literally 2 foot away). Recently I've started using Nord VPN and I think it coincides with an increase in buffering from my IPTV suppliers. I've used IPTV for a number of years and am up to speed with maintenance such as rebooting router, clearing cache etc. If I swithc my VPN off it seems to improve so I suspect it's VPN related. I get good speed - 300 Mbps without VPN but at least 80 with VPN . I'm just wondering if there are any other settings on Nord VPN that I could tweek.
For instance I'm not sure what "Onion over VPN" and "Obfuscated" means???
Other option is to stop using the VPN - works fine without it but was just concerned safety wise??
Thanks in advance...
Change the protocol to "Nord lynx" in settings

Get a decent iptv provider, i've messed around for a long time trying to eliminate problems i was having with buffering, everything was in place for me to be able to watch the footie but in over two years i couldn't do it, i hit on a good provider and in the short time i've had it so far haven't had one single stutter

I have vm3 hub but put it into modem mode and have an Asus RT-AC88U linked up to it..
No issues at all with vpn connected and linked up to frankfurt Germany as you can see on pics
One is 2.4ghz other is 5ghz

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201114-112838_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20201114-112838_Samsung Internet.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_20201114-113008_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20201114-113008_Samsung Internet.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 36
I would email Nord and ask there advice. They have always been very helpful in helping me on other issues

Even with 100+MB/s whilst using Nord VPN (or any VPN I've tried - IPVanish and Express), and even with using a cable into my firestick, I couldn't prevent constant buffering. It's nothing to do with the broadband speed, I'm convinced it's the power of the firestick.

As soon as I bought a Formuler box, the same setup magically disappeared and I genuinely can't recall the last time I had buffering.

Even with 100+MB/s whilst using Nord VPN (or any VPN I've tried - IPVanish and Express), and even with using a cable into my firestick, I couldn't prevent constant buffering. It's nothing to do with the broadband speed, I'm convinced it's the power of the firestick.

As soon as I bought a Formuler box, the same setup magically disappeared and I genuinely can't recall the last time I had buffering.

I have used Nord and IPvanish previously when streaming on the fire stick no issues with freezing or buffering.

Have you tried different servers/locations on the VPN?

Takes tests to try another service to see if you encounter the same issue?

I have used Nord and IPvanish previously when streaming on the fire stick no issues with freezing or buffering.

Have you tried different servers/locations on the VPN?

Takes tests to try another service to see if you encounter the same issue?
I got rid of my firestick and bought a formuler box. Haven't had an issue since.

"Onion over VPN" is for the TOR network ie darknet so wouldn't worry about that unless you use it but i'm guessinng you don't.
"Obfuscated" is good for when you are trying to hide the fact that you are using a VPN. Again, don't think you need to worry about this.

When not using the VPN you say its better so is it still buffering or not at all?

Check with your sub provider as they may have some input about this for you. No harm in asking.

"Onion over VPN" is for the TOR network ie darknet so wouldn't worry about that unless you use it but i'm guessinng you don't.
"Obfuscated" is good for when you are trying to hide the fact that you are using a VPN. Again, don't think you need to worry about this.

When not using the VPN you say its better so is it still buffering or not at all?

Check with your sub provider as they may have some input about this for you. No harm in asking.
If you are replying to the thread starter it was asked ten months ago.

Back