Northampton based motor mechanic needed

Good evening, I am looking for a Northampton based motor mechanic who would be willing to make some money on the side.

I have a Datsun 280zx that I am looking to rebuild and need help on.

Regards
Tariq

Wow good luck with that one as not heard the word Datsun for 20+ years and when finished if still alive would like to see the finished labour of LOVE.

Wow good luck with that one as not heard the word Datsun for 20+ years and when finished if still alive would like to see the finished labour of LOVE.
I will definitely let you know. My hope is to ultimately buy a 240z and renovate during retirement but first I want to learn the craft using the 280zx as the test piece.

Regards
Tariq

Aint seen one of these in a very long time and old man that i lived near a few moons ago had the targa version and the gold colour was pretty amazing .
Dunno what they are like to get spares for but good luck with your project and keeping another classic on the road for people to see is always nice (y)

Thank you gentlemen,

The parts are not an issue. I have sever arthritis, that has meant the the other project I have been working on, a man cave for my daughters, has taken much longer than I had planned. So I am on the look out for a worthy gentleman or lady who is willing to take on the task of stripping out the engine and gearbox for me. I have been quoted by a local garage, the estimate is around £10k for engine, gearbox and axle related work.

I have almost stripped out the inside. I have a friend who works for a first class commercial aircraft cabin seat upholstering company, so he is upholstering the seats.

This is what the car looks like currently.

Regards
Tariq

Attachments

• IMAG0063.jpg
    IMAG0063.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 22
I hope that 10k quote is for a full engine and gearbox strip and recondition and suspension and not just removal :unsure:.
Recently sorted lads civic type r out because he had broken rings in it and i just removed engine and box and then it went for a rebuild and decided to have the engine fully forged etc and new bearings etc in the gearbox.
New paddle clutch and timing chain kit whilst it was apart.
Total spend just over 5.5k

Thank you gentlemen,

The parts are not an issue. I have sever arthritis, that has meant the the other project I have been working on, a man cave for my daughters, has taken much longer than I had planned. So I am on the look out for a worthy gentleman or lady who is willing to take on the task of stripping out the engine and gearbox for me. I have been quoted by a local garage, the estimate is around £10k for engine, gearbox and axle related work.

I have almost stripped out the inside. I have a friend who works for a first class commercial aircraft cabin seat upholstering company, so he is upholstering the seats.

This is what the car looks like currently.

Regards
Tariq

Wow, this is a beauty. would love to see it when it is fully restored

Back