Not enough free HDD space issue

Toruk

Hi all

Have had this issue recently start on my Zgemma H.2S running Wooshbuild. Whenever I try watching anything on the E2iPlayer plugin, this box pops up (see image). It was doing this everytime I tried to watch something, but now is intermitant, sometimes it pops up, sometimes it doesnt.
I thought maybe there was an issue with the HDD i have plugged into the rear USB, so took it off, formatted it, then re-initialised it, but the issue is still happening. Im not even sure if this is a Zgemma issue, Wooshbuild issue or USB HDD issue :/

Any ideas?

20200115_164008.jpg

You must be downloading the content instead of streaming it, check settings in e2istream plugin

Not as far as im aware, but having just checked the e2iplayer settings, it buffers and records to the same place (/hdd/movie/), but i dont see any options for selecting record.

Why is the box reporting you can fix this by adding a flash drive?
It seems it's not recognising the hdd.
The folder hdd/movie is a physical folder inside your box and as correctly reported it's only 44kb in size., if the hdd was connected it would be much much bigger. , try a smaller drive like a 16gb usb or similar

double check that your usb stick/hdd is mounted correctly on /media/hdd

E2Istream does use a cache, a folder on the usb, although I'm not sure how much it caches, this could be why it requires space

Why is the box reporting you can fix this by adding a flash drive?
It seems it's not recognising the hdd.
The folder hdd/movie is a physical folder inside your box and as correctly reported it's only 44kb in size., if the hdd was connected it would be much much bigger. , try a smaller drive like a 16gb usb or similar

Yeah it confused me saying about the flash drive, as i didnt think e2iplayer used the external drive. My mum also has the same setup minus an external drive, yet her e2iplayer works fine :/

Thinking about it, maybe worth removing e2iplayer then re-adding?

double check that your usb stick/hdd is mounted correctly on /media/hdd

E2Istream does use a cache, a folder on the usb, although I'm not sure how much it caches, this could be why it requires space

My mum also has the same setup minus an external drive, yet her e2iplayer works fine :/

Thinking about it, maybe worth removing e2iplayer then re-adding?

I didn't know e2iplayer still worked, it was replaced a long time ago by e2istream
See resources section on on how to install it

First off, as advised, check that your HDD is in fact mounted as 'media/HDD'.

Also I know that others have referred to E2Istream where you have stated that you are using E2Iplayer, this is now no
longer supported, at least not publicly, so I advise that you install 'E2Istream' in its place.
But you will need the HDD to run either player.

First off, as advised, check that your HDD is in fact mounted as 'media/HDD'.

Also I know that others have referred to E2Istream where you have stated that you are using E2Iplayer, this is now no
longer supported, at least not publicly, so I advise that you install 'E2Istream' in its place.
But you will need the HDD to run either player.

Ok, so how is e2iplayer running fine on my mums zgemma without a hdd? Or does it use an internal hdd in the box?

Ok ive found it in resources, but no idea how to install it :/

Ok cancel that, ive worked it out and installed it on the box i have here and seems to be working fine.
I will try it on the box with the issue tomorrow :)

Back