not getting all channels

fordiemufc

hi all i have an issue with my box...

when i do a power scan on tuner 2 it does not pick up all channels,i have done about 20 scans have tried different symbol rates and stuff but still missing lots of channels like sky sports 2 3 4 and discovery channels.
i have the latest 9991 firmware and my vm n line is connected but still getting the same problem.
it was working fine before until i updated to the newest firmware that removes the 9991 option(i have now reverted it back).
any help please as there is not much support out there for this box and info just seems to be scattered all over the blade media sub forums because almost all the threads have been hijacked.
thanks alot

hi all i have an issue with my box...

when i do a power scan on tuner 2 it does not pick up all channels,i have done about 20 scans have tried different symbol rates and stuff but still missing lots of channels like sky sports 2 3 4 and discovery channels.
i have the latest 9991 firmware and my vm n line is connected but still getting the same problem.
it was working fine before until i updated to the newest firmware that removes the 9991 option(i have now reverted it back).
any help please as there is not much support out there for this box and info just seems to be scattered all over the blade media sub forums because almost all the threads have been hijacked.
thanks alot
Hi mate i was wondering did you ever find out how to sort it? I'm on virmed in Dublin and the search option is doing my head in

Any and all help is appreciated

Why don't you just download a channel list? I have attached the latest channel list I use. Extract the zip file to a USB stick. Put the USB stick in your box. Select 'Menu', 'External Device', 'File Manager', scroll down and highlight the DBM file, press OK on the remote and you will now have all the channels.

Attachments

• 28.2 East Channel List 02.04.2017.zip
    12.8 KB · Views: 46
Why don't you just download a channel list? I have attached the latest channel list I use. Extract the zip file to a USB stick. Put the USB stick in your box. Select 'Menu', 'External Device', 'File Manager', scroll down and highlight the DBM file, press OK on the remote and you will now have all the channels.
That's for sky

Hi mate i was wondering did you ever find out how to sort it? I'm on virmed in Dublin and the search option is doing my head in

Any and all help is appreciated
i did mate...but not really sure how it went tits up.i downloaded the lastest 9991 firmware from here and it would not pick up most channels,a mate then sent me a the file he used with the 9991 option and it was spot on found the lot i did all sorts to try fix it before.

9991 on remote for server menu,to enter line press ok then 9991 again to enter your line,a lot of it is trial and error,to have a good scan -: tuner 2 for cable scan set to power scan on that scan look for frequency step, on the first scan i alter it to 0.5 but you will have to be very patient because on that scan it has to scan in the cable transponders first THEN it scans for channels (it takes a long time) on the 0.5 frequency step it will scan through every transponder on cable, once you have done that scan and the cable transponders and channels are scanned you can just scan on 'auto'scan' when there is a transponder change on the cable channels you will know when there is a transponder change the channels will go 'missing',you will need to put the channels in the favourites the hard way on the favorites menu,on your remote the favorites go on the 'group button middle right on your remote, what i mean is DON'T use 'blade online for your channel list because if you do it knocks the cable channels off,when you start putting the channell in the favorites you will see the word 'rename' if you press the red button you can then rename the favorites to what you want sports,movies ect,->satellite scan, the first scan on satellite look for blind scan and its the same thing look to alter frequency step 1 or 0.5 and on that scan it will scan in every transponder.it does not take as long to scan on satellite if your scanning for sky uk look for 28.2E in the satellite list and press ok then scan on that satellite,again DON'T use blade online for the channel list it will knock off the cable channels,if you just using the blade just for satellite its ok,do a factory reset before scanning BUT once you have your channels scanned in you should not need to do a factory reset,when you have scanned in the channels and in the future you can 'auto' scan,when need to scan DON'T use (delete all channels) that will also knock all channels off, i delete any unwanted channels one by one,it not as bad has it sounds if you press delete in the menu you can then delete single or multiple channels by just keep pressing the ok button and you will see a cross or a mark appear at the side of each channel you want to delete when you press exit you will see a box appear for you to save changes,try it on satellite because satellite is easier to scan,remember don't be afraid of pressing buttons you can always start again by doing a factory reset and starting again,thats the way i learned on the blade,if it gets to much have a day or two off it do a bit of reading on the forums,again trial and error is the key,'and a bit of patience',they are a good box so its worth the effort,good luck !!!!! 'PS' now on sly uk 28.2E theres a lot of channels that are $crambled and will stay that way unless someone comes out with a fix but for now its VM or iptv good hunting

i seem to have the same problem but the channels are there just scrambled? will this fix my issue?
are you on a sat line or virgin?sat lines are gone for good so you will not get it working on sky line so only option is to use a virgin line or iptv

how do you put iptv on blade box?
from a post i made few weeks back.
not tried it myself but was thinking about this myself,there is an iptv option in the menus but I am not sure how you would get it on there.
try get a free iptv pass of someone and have a play about.
edit...
just had a look on the net and found this.

For those who are getting frustrated trying to add IPTV channels to the Blade BM8000 Combo Box and cant work out how....

1. The file format required is M3U, so go find a decent one and load it onto a USB Stick
2. insert your USB stick into the front slot
3. On your remote control press MENU, select EXTERNAL DEVICE then select FILE MANAGER
4. Choose your M3U file then press OK, the file will then be imported. DO NOT POWER OFF YOUR BOX DURING THIS
5. press EXIT, then navigate to ENTERTAINMENT , scroll down to IPTV et voila!

WARNING: This procedure will OVERWRITE any IPTV Channels you already have.

again tho i dont think many have tried it so dont go out buy a year sub untill you now for defo that it will work,try get a day pass for free or as little as possible and test the water.
if you try it post back your findings if you try it.
request a test here but make sure its an m3u file http://www.techkings.org/threads/iptv-server-request-thread-jan-feb-mar-2017.114825/

Last edited:
hi guys
I've got a BM8000 combo, i want to run it on VM but it show no signal once connected.
I know there is a signal there cos i've got VM BB.
Am i doing something wrong or are there 2 types of BM8000 combo boxes ( Sat&Cable / Sat&Terrestiral)

I've done the power scan too

blade combo 8000 is fine for VM the only thing i can think of is your cable is not connected in back of the blade meaning there is a F connection for satellite and a arieal connection for cable if not you will need F connector adaptor what screws into the F female connection on the VM cable feed so it will go into the cable connection on the rear of the blade " link have a check" -> https://www.kenable.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=246_267_270&products_id=1191 this is what i have previously wrote ->
9991 on remote for server menu,to enter line press ok then 9991 again to enter your line,a lot of it is trial and error,to have a good scan -: tuner 2 for cable scan set to power scan on that scan look for frequency step, on the first scan i alter it to 0.5 but you will have to be very patient because on that scan it has to scan in the cable transponders first THEN it scans for channels (it takes a long time) on the 0.5 frequency step it will scan through every transponder on cable, once you have done that scan and the cable transponders and channels are scanned you can just scan on 'auto'scan' when there is a transponder change on the cable channels you will know when there is a transponder change the channels will go 'missing',you will need to put the channels in the favourites the hard way on the favorites menu,on your remote the favorites go on the 'group button middle right on your remote, what i mean is DON'T use 'blade online for your channel list because if you do it knocks the cable channels off,when you start putting the channell in the favorites you will see the word 'rename' if you press the red button you can then rename the favorites to what you want sports,movies ect,->satellite scan, the first scan on satellite look for blind scan and its the same thing look to alter frequency step 1 or 0.5 and on that scan it will scan in every transponder.it does not take as long to scan on satellite if your scanning for sky uk look for 28.2E in the satellite list and press ok then scan on that satellite,again DON'T use blade online for the channel list it will knock off the cable channels,if you just using the blade just for satellite its ok,do a factory reset before scanning BUT once you have your channels scanned in you should not need to do a factory reset,when you have scanned in the channels and in the future you can 'auto' scan,when need to scan DON'T use (delete all channels) that will also knock all channels off, i delete any unwanted channels one by one,it not as bad has it sounds if you press delete in the menu you can then delete single or multiple channels by just keep pressing the ok button and you will see a cross or a mark appear at the side of each channel you want to delete when you press exit you will see a box appear for you to save changes,try it on satellite because satellite is easier to scan,remember don't be afraid of pressing buttons you can always start again by doing a factory reset and starting again,thats the way i learned on the blade,if it gets to much have a day or two off it do a bit of reading on the forums,again trial and error is the key,'and a bit of patience',they are a good box so its worth the effort,good luck !!!!! 'PS' now on sly uk 28.2E theres a lot of channels that are $crambled and will stay that way unless someone comes out with a fix but for now its VM or iptv good hunting

Thank you Rhinoranger
One final question, How long thro the scan should I expect to see some channels appearing on a power scan?

its a long time maybe an hour or more but its better to do a first scan 0.5 frequency step (in my opinion) when you first do the power scan you wont see any channels straight away because it scans for the transponders, then when all the transponders are scanned in it starts scanning for channels ,but once the transponders are scanned any future transponder changes and channels go 'missing' you can just do an auto scan,i have an old kryptview box and when channels go missing i give the kryptview a scan and look for the missing channels on the KV get the new transponder frequency from the KV and enter the new TP frequency manually, on the blade there is a list on the manual scan menu and look for the new TP frequency on that list i think it 'press red button to view list', if the the new TP frequency is not on that list you can enter the new channel TP manually with manual scan in the blade scanning menu and just a single TP frequency can be scanned, sure beats auto scanning the blade, and when the single TP frequency is scanned you can then enter the new channel in the favorites of your choice in group button,if there more channels missing you can do as many single TP manual scans as is needed

Back