Novice Seeks Help/Advice for IPTV

CS1916

Hi All

This is my first serious post I guess so please be gentle with me as I am a complete novice even after reading through the various threads and I apologize for that as I do struggle a wee bit with a lot of the terminology and language by users whom are far more experienced than myself.

I am looking to set up IPTV and would like some advice as to how to go about it including its cost, reliability and ease of use. In the past someone had provided a box that gave me access to all the sports and PPV/Box Office channels etc but as we all know since the new encryption came in that has now ceased for me, and the chap whom did supply the gubbons has since moved away. Thus having read various threads it appears that IPTV would fill that void hence my posting.

I have been left with an Amiko Mini HD SE box and would like to know if IPTV can be set up on that, if not is the mag254 box the one to go with. With the correct box how, where or who do I then go to. How does a provider service work and how does one find the quality and trustworthy services without being had, so to speak. I did also look at the motorized thread and quite like the look of that but I think that IPTV is where I want to be. My apologies for all the questions but as stated above I am a complete novice, many thanks for reading and hopefully look forward to hearing from valued forum members.

Kind Regards

You can't run IPTV on an Amiko Mini as far as I am aware.

Follow this link here

Have a read and watch the video in the thread.

So if it's a new box Mags are very easy to set up and use.

I would personally buy the 256 as it's faster than the 254.

Expect to pay in the region of £100 per year for a decent service.

Get some tests, then buy a month until you are sure you are happy with the service.

Only pay for longer if you are sure you are happy.

Hi bees

Many thanks for replying it is much appreciated. I have taken a look at the thread and video and think I have a reasonable handle on how to set up unfortunately the suppliers mentioned in the video have not yet responded. Having looked at the comparison between the two boxes there really does not seem to be much at all between them bar memory so that is yet to be finalized. I have located a supplier but not from amazon (a Satellite supplier in the UK) as I am unsure as to whether the amazon sellers are pushing genuine boxes or not however one suffers with reading the reviews on amazon as it always the minority bad review that sticks in ones mind (pessimism I guess). It appears to me that finding a service supplier is the sticking point, may I ask are you or any other valued members of forum allowed to recommend a service provider via a private message? I am also wondering about VPN and should I install that and how, as having read here some say on ones router and others on the box itself, if I have read that correctly. Many thanks again it is much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Last edited:
The 254 mag is more than up to the job and a lot cheaper,Get one from W O S and its as genuine as you will get and service is fantastic

Hi I have a Huawei you view box from talk talk, I've had it for years but never used it, I'm considering the iptv route for football etc.

I was just wondering if anyone knows whether an iptv subscription would work on this box?

Since you are inexperienced I would say do the following

- Check your broadband speed and whether you have a weekly broadband limit from your supplier. If you have a speed of 8mb or greater and have no download limits proceed. If not IPTV probably is not for you.
- Buy a Mag 254 box. They are around 60-70 pound i think. Probable the easiest to set up and navigate
- Go here http://www.techkings.org/threads/iptv-server-request-thread-july-august-september-2017.129005/unread and request a 24 hr trial for a mag 254 box. You will get plenty of offers. Trial during a big football match next weekend and see how it works out. Most providers will give you instructions how to set up a mag - its pretty easy

Thats it. There are other boxes you could use of course but for me having used many different ones, the mag is best for beginners (and also for many others too)

Hi thanks for your responses, I'm already going down the cable route for TV, but I just thought if the youview box can run iptv then it is worth getting a subscription for the other room in my house so I can watch 3pm games too

You can have iptv on android mate

Thanks I'm aware that iptv works on firestick and Android box, was just enquiring whether it would work on that you view box I mentioned.

If anyone knows of any cheap Android box or devices that can be used for iptv please let me know (£35 or less)

Try an MXQpro approx. £20- 25 on Ebay.

Processor as fast as the MAG256.

Then load an emulator off google play, EMU STB or Digital STB

It then emulates a MAG. All the menus are the same etc.

Not quiet as smooth as the MAG when changing channels but works really well.

Got one as a back up, didn't want to spend MAG money so this was a good alternative.

Plus you have got the option to run Kodi if you can be botherd :grin::grin::grin:

I got one from amazon run Kodi on it and iptv like bees said. the best app for Android box I would go with digital stb plus things like Netflix and with them been android if you have kids they can play games on it aswell

Also in terms of live TV, say for example you are watching football, how many seconds or so will iptv be behind in comparison to the game on a sky or cable box

Also in terms of live TV, say for example you are watching football, how many seconds or so will iptv be behind in comparison to the game on a sky or cable box
Could be a couple of seconds or a couple of minuites I've never really took note tbh I just put it on and have done with it mate

Thanks I'm aware that iptv works on firestick and Android box, was just enquiring whether it would work on that you view box I mentioned.

If anyone knows of any cheap Android box or devices that can be used for iptv please let me know (£35 or less)
No it will not work on that box,Its locked to talk talk and only has a couple of apps like netflix

Back