Now TV and Firestick

heyriggs

I have a Now TV sub and just bought one of the on sale 4K Firesticks. The Now TV sub doesn't let me pause or rewind live TV because it's coming through a TalkTalk You View TV Box. As far as I know it requires a Now TV stick to enable pausing and rewinding.
I got the firestick for mainly for kodi and the BT sport app, can the now TV app be loaded onto the firestick and pause/rewind live TV like the now tv stick? Or is the Now TV stick hackable, to be able to load kodi on to it?

I'd rather not have two sticks if possible.
Thanks

I have a Now TV sub and just bought one of the on sale 4K Firesticks. The Now TV sub doesn't let me pause or rewind live TV because it's coming through a TalkTalk You View TV Box. As far as I know it requires a Now TV stick to enable pausing and rewinding.
I got the firestick for mainly for kodi and the BT sport app, can the now TV app be loaded onto the firestick and pause/rewind live TV like the now tv stick? Or is the Now TV stick hackable, to be able to load kodi on to it?

I'd rather not have two sticks if possible.
Thanks
No the NowTV app does not work on the Firestick. You can sideload it but when you try to open it, it closes on you straight away.

No the NowTV app does not work on the Firestick. You can sideload it but when you try to open it, it closes on you straight away.
Anything Sky related will not work on Firesticks this is down mainly to Sky's Paranoia, people will say they have got it to work but I have yet to see a valid case of this unless they are trying to flog their IPTV

Back