Now TV Box - Anyone using it ?

krazydude

A mate told me that it can be modified and you can then get Sly HD channels on it - incl Sports

Anyone have first hand info on this ?

I think your mate is referring to IPTV probably through plex which can be side loaded onto a now tv box, hope that helps

we have a Amazon firestick with iptv running through kodi. All sports and film channels in HD. Hardly ever use my sat box anymore. A word of warning you do need much faster internet speeds.

Used several providers for these, one was great then cut me off after 3 months, another one purchased last week also now cut me off......he will be getting an angry email shortly.

To summerise, great when working just be careful who you trust with your cash, and yes decent internet speed is required.

Pay through PayPal ...put a claim in I did ....but don't buy of fleabay

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Fleabay has got to be the worst place to buy anything connected to this game. I don't think I've heard one successful story.

I managed to do mine ok the latest black one. Was a while ago but not heard anything on the grape vine and I know a few people that do it.

I side loaded Plex onto my daughters black now tv box a few weeks ago and with a VOD and IPTV sub shes well happy withy it , i got a plex sub on my roku stick and its just as good

Golden rule 1. Never buy off Ebay. I think i paid £80 for a year on our iptv server i think it is now the way to go.

Last edited:
Yep, I added plex 3.1.9 to the new smart NowTV box at the weekend by using the usual procedure. I've been using the same supplier for 2 years now, there are good ones out there.

Don't quote me on this as i have been out of the scene for about a year and a half but from memory the NowTV box is basically just a debadged Roku box with custom firmware on it. You can sideload things like plex onto the NowTV box but it's not any where near as flexible as the Roku badged boxes and has yet to be "hacked" . For the price it's not a bad little box but I would personally avoid it in favour for a Firetv stick / box as those can have kodi loaded directly onto them where the NowTV box can not.

Thanks guys. That clears up a few things. So it's IPTV. Well I have a F5, which is running well for all the TV needs, but I miss the days of HD gone by. I have an ATV2 which has Kodi on it (not the latest version of Kodi though and it's a bit moody at times, thinking of giving it the boot as it's almost 4 yrs old. It came with Plex installed but never used it a day in my life). Never got into the whole Plex and IPTV scene. For someone who only wants to watch the footie in HD, is Now TV or the Firestick (which one ?) a good way to go or am I better off with the set-up I have.

I have the 70mbps BT Infinity 2 broadband at home, so net speeds should not be problem (I think).

Personally I use a firestick with a paid iptv service ..its been excellent

Hello guys having used the zgemma H1 now for the past 3 years ..I'm looking to cash in for the black Friday weekend I'm.looking for a box which is officially supported and will auto update (mine is vix not supported) ..plus I have a paid iptv service on my firestick which I would like to play via my new box ...I am not to bothered about recording so single tuner will do cheers j

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Thanks guys. That clears up a few things. So it's IPTV. Well I have a F5, which is running well for all the TV needs, but I miss the days of HD gone by. I have an ATV2 which has Kodi on it (not the latest version of Kodi though and it's a bit moody at times, thinking of giving it the boot as it's almost 4 yrs old. It came with Plex installed but never used it a day in my life). Never got into the whole Plex and IPTV scene. For someone who only wants to watch the footie in HD, is Now TV or the Firestick (which one ?) a good way to go or am I better off with the set-up I have.

I have the 70mbps BT Infinity 2 broadband at home, so net speeds should not be problem (I think).

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

With a firestick or you can get a iptv sub for about £40 a year or plex with VOD and IPTV on a now tv box for about £80 a year, depends on what you want , if its just football and 3pm kickoffs then IPTV is the option to go for.

Used several providers for these, one was great then cut me off after 3 months, another one purchased last week also now cut me off......he will be getting an angry email shortly.

To summerise, great when working just be careful who you trust with your cash, and yes decent internet speed is required.

Just to add, guy got back to me, solved the problem which was on my NOW TV Box all working, seems a decent seller. :woohoo:

Back